用户名: 密码: 验证码:    注册 | 忘记密码?
首页|听力资源|每日听力|网络电台|在线词典|听力论坛|下载频道|部落家园|在线背单词|双语阅读|在线听写|普特网校
您的位置:主页 > 英语能力 > 翻译 > 笔译 > 练习材料 > 社会 >

搜寻MH370行动可能转移到印度洋

2014-03-14    来源:FT    【      美国外教 在线口语培训

Hunt for missing aircraft shifts to Indian Ocean

The White House said on Thursday that the hunt for the missing Boeing airliner could shift into the Indian Ocean as the Malaysian authorities admitted they had made little progress.
白宫周四表示,搜索马来西亚航空公司失联的波音(Boeing)客机的行动可能转移到印度洋。同时马来西亚当局承认,他们没有取得什么进展。

Jay Carney, the White House spokesman, said that “an additional search area may be opened in the Indian Ocean” as a result of “new information”, although he gave no details about the nature of the lead and added that it might not be conclusive.
白宫发言人杰伊•卡尼(Jay Carney)表示,根据某些“新信息”,“可能在印度洋划设进一步的搜索区域”,尽管他没有说明新线索的性质,还补充说,它可能不是决定性的。

The US Navy said that one of the two ships that had been searching for the plane in the Gulf of Thailand, the USS Kidd, was now moving west to the Malacca Strait while India said that it was sending ships and aircraft based in the Andaman Sea to take part in the search.
美国海军称,此前在泰国湾搜寻失踪飞机的两艘军舰中的一艘,基德号驱逐舰(USS Kidd),正向西航行,赶赴马六甲海峡(Malacca Strait)。同时印度表示,已派遣常驻安达曼海(Andaman Sea)的舰船和飞机参加搜索行动。

At the same time, Malaysian officials said they had found no evidence of debris captured in satellite imagery from China and denied reports that the flight could have travelled for hours after contact was lost.
与此同时,马来西亚官员表示,他们没有发现中国卫星图像捕捉到的碎片的任何证据,并且否定了有关该航班在失联后可能继续飞行好几小时的报道。

The admission, almost six days after the plane was lost, appears to knock down two of the most promising reported leads in a massive investigation that, in spite of involving 43 ships and 40 aircraft, has not yielded anything conclusive.
在这架飞机失踪近6天后,这一表态似乎让新闻报道中两条最有希望的线索碰壁。这场大规模调查尽管有43艘舰船和40架飞机参加,但至今没有任何决定性的发现。

Hishamuddin Hussein, Malaysia’s defense minister and acting transport minister, said that an aircraft from the country’s coastguard was sent to investigate potential debris shown on Chinese satellite images on Thursday morning. “We deployed our assets but found nothing,” he said.
马来西亚国防部长和代理交通部长希沙姆丁•侯赛因(Hishamuddin Hussein)表示,该国在周四上午出动海岸警卫队的一架飞机,搜寻中国卫星图像所显示的疑似碎片。“我们部署了我方的资产,但什么都没找到,”他表示。

Adding to days of apparently false leads and U-turns on information, Mr Hishamuddin then read out a statement from the Chinese ambassador to Malaysia saying the satellite images had been released “by accident”.
希沙姆丁随后宣读了中国驻马来西亚大使的一份声明,称上述卫星图像的发布是一个“意外”,这给连续几天显然有误的线索和前后矛盾的信息增添了新的曲折。

Nor did the photos show any debris from flight MH370, which was en route to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur early last Saturday morning when it disappeared.
卫星照片没有显示MH370航班的碎片,该航班上周六凌晨在从吉隆坡飞往北京途中失踪。

Mr Hishamuddin, flanked at the latest daily press conference by the chief executive of Malaysia Airlines and the country’s civil aviation chief, also said that reports that the airliner had managed to continue flying after its last contact with air traffic control were “inaccurate”.
希沙姆丁在马来西亚航空公司首席执行官和民航局局长的陪同下出席昨日的新闻发布会。他还表示,有关那架客机在与航空交通管制中心失去联络后设法继续飞行的报道是“不准确的”。

“As Malaysia Airlines will confirm, those reports are inaccurate. As far as Rolls-Royce and Boeing are concerned, those reports are inaccurate,” he said.
“正如马来西亚航空公司将会证实的,那些报道是不准确的。就罗尔斯•罗伊斯(Rolls-Royce)和波音公司而言,那些报道是不准确的,”他说。

It had been reported, first by the Wall Street Journal, that the flight had stayed aloft and flown thousands of miles over about four hours after Malaysian air traffic control lost contact at 1.30am on Saturday.
此前《华尔街日报》(Wall Street Journal)最先报道称,该航班在上周六凌晨1时30分与马来西亚航空交通管制中心失联后,在大约4小时内保持飞行状态,飞行距离达数千英里。

The WSJ cited US aviation investigators and national security officials as basing their belief on data sent by the airliner’s Rolls-Royce engines.
《华尔街日报》援引美国航空调查和国家安全官员的话称,他们的结论是基于客机的罗尔斯•罗伊斯发动机自动发送的数据。

However Ahmad Jauhari Yahya, the airline’s chief executive, said that Rolls-Royce and Boeing – whose officials have been working on the crisis with the airline in Kuala Lumpur – “did not receive any further transmission beyond the last transmission that was done at 1.07am [on Saturday]”.
然而,马航首席执行官阿末佐哈里(Ahmad Jauhari Yahya)表示,罗尔斯•罗伊斯和波音两家公司“在(上周六)凌晨1时07分完成的最后一次数据传输后,没有收到任何进一步的数据传输”。这两家公司的人员近日在吉隆坡与马航合作展开调查。

It has also emerged that the US Federal Aviation Authority, the lead safety regulator for all US-built aircraft, had made operators aware late last year of a potential structural weakness in Boeing 777 aircraft that could lead to the aircraft breaking up in mid-air.
另有消息称,所有美国制造的飞机的主要安全监管机构——美国联邦航空管理局(FAA)去年末曾通知航空服务运营商说,波音777存在一个潜在的结构性缺陷,可能导致飞机在空中解体。

Mr Hishamuddin said MH370 had been “fully serviced” and was fit to fly according to engineering and maintenance records. All maintenance checks were “in order” and the last routine maintenance service was done on February 23.
希沙姆丁表示,MH370航班的飞机此前“保养完好”,根据工程及维修记录适合飞行。所有维修检查均“按程序完成”,最后一次例行维修保养于2月23日完成。

Boeing said it could not comment under international rules governing air accident investigations.
波音公司表示,根据针对航空事故调查的国际规则,它不能发表评论。

Mr Hishamuddin added that local media reports that the Malaysian police searched the homes of the MH370 crew were not true.
希沙姆丁补充说,当地媒体有关马来西亚警方搜查MH370航班机组人员居所的报道并不属实。(FT)



顶一下
(0)
0%
踩一下
(0)
0%
手机上普特 m.putclub.com 手机上普特
[责任编辑:floater]
------分隔线----------------------------
发表评论 查看所有评论
请自觉遵守互联网政策法规,严禁发布色情、暴力、反动的言论。
评价:
表情:
用户名: 密码: 验证码:
  • 推荐文章
  • 资料下载
  • 讲座录音
普特英语手机网站
用手机浏览器输入m.putclub.com进入普特手机网站学习
查看更多手机学习APP>>