动词短语 'spark off' 意思是引起，引发。
1. Their decision sparked off a protest because people were very angry.
2. If I comment on my girlfriend's new haircut it might spark off an argument.
1. The documentary sparked off an interest in astronomy.
请注意：'Spark off' 这个动词短语也经常以被动语态出现。
1. The interest in the magic coin was sparked off by a demonstration of the game at a technology conference.
2. The argument was sparked off by his comment about Mary's haircut.
A sparkler is a hand-held firework that burns slowly and release bright sparks, sometimes in different colour. These sparklers are popular with children on Bonfire Night. However it can present fire risks, so adults should ensure children wear non-flamable clothing and supervise their play.
A sparkler 是一种可以握在手中玩耍的小烟花，这些小烟花可放出多种颜色的光芒。孩子们最爱在篝火节时玩此类烟花。烟花虽小但仍存在危险，所以大人一定要确保孩子们穿非易燃衣物，并且只有在大人在场的情况下才能玩此类烟花。