1. break the bank 太贵，花钱太多，倾家荡产
John knew that renting the ocean view apartment would break the bank, so he settled for a smaller apartment.
2. bring home the bacon 赚钱，养家糊口
I can't sit around all day - someone's got to bring home the bacon.
3. cash in on (something) 从……中获利，靠……赚钱；从……中捞到好处
Her family have been accused of cashing in on her death.
4. give (someone) a blank check 让某人按自己的想法行事
The professor gave the students a blank check with the only requirement being that they turn in their project on time.
5. turn on a dime 在极小的地方打转，（活动）非常灵巧
The car handles very well and can turn on a dime.
6. bet your bottom dollar 孤注一掷，把家底儿压上
I would bet my bottom dollar that Rachel will show up late again today.
7. look like a million dollars 容光焕发，看上去十分漂亮
As she stepped out in her wedding dress, she looked like a million dollars.
8. pinch pennies 精打细算
My grandfather always pinches pennies; he never spends money if he doesn't have to.
9. put in your two cents 发表意见
You can put in your two cents after I am finished going over all the facts.
10. for peanuts 赚不了几个小钱儿
The students had very little money, so they were willing to work for peanuts.