1. It's a good father that knows his son.
2. Do you have a family?
3. I have no opinion of that sort of man.
4. The picture flattered her.
5. He is a walking skeleton.
6. You don't begin to understand what they mean.
【正确理解】你根本不知道他们在干嘛。 (not begin to：毫不)
7. You don't know what you are talking about.
8. They didn't praise him slightly.
9. That's all I want to hear.
10. I wish I could bring you to see my point.
11. You really flatter me.
12. He made a great difference.
13. You cannot give him too much money.
14. The long exhausting trip proved too much.
15. She held the little boy by the right hand.
16. Are you there?
【正确理解】你还在听吗?(等于Do you follow me?)
17. If you think he is a good man, think again.
18. That took his breath away.
19. Two is company but three is none.
20. Students are still arriving.
21. They went away as wise as they came.
22. I won't do it to save my life.
23. I don't think his painting is any better than yours.
24. You don't want to do that.
25. Rubber easily gives way to pressure.
【正确理解】橡胶很容易变形。(give way to：向...让步、屈服)