口语:看《唐顿庄园》学地道英语(7)

作者:admin

来源:

2015-6-1 10:57

口语:看《唐顿庄园》学地道英语(7)

台词欣赏

[ Scene: Robert is shocked and upset.]

Robert: My first cousin and his son are almost certainly dead.
我的堂兄和他的儿子可以确定都已丧命

We will all be in mourning.
全家都要服丧

Mary: No. I mean with the other thing.
不 我想说的不是这个

After all, it wasn't official.
毕竟 我们没有正式订婚

Robert: If you're saying you do not wish to mourn Patrick as a fiance,
是否以Patrick未婚妻的身份服丧

that is up to you.
这由你自己来决定

Well, no one knew about it outside the family.
没外人知道这婚约

I repeat, it is up to you.
我还是那句话 你自己决定

Mary: Well, that's a relief.
那就太好了
【活学活用】

1. 情景: 有人误解了你所指的事情或意思,你可以套用下面这个句型:

Sb. means with another thing.

源于台词:Mary: No. I mean with the other thing.

2. 情景: 你进入北大的通知书迟迟未来,你很焦虑,但是一听到信件来了,你会如释重负,这样,你会或:

It is a relief.

源于台词:Mary: Well, that's a relief.