听音频学句型:take the day off
take the day off 请假，休息一天
take off 脱下，休假
Why don’t you take the day off tomorrow?
You know you can take the day off
He took two weeks off from work.
Maybe you can take the week off next week, if you are lucky enough.
1. PHRASAL VERB If you take time off, you obtain permission not to go to work for a short period of time. 休假
Mike's schedule had not permitted him to take time off.
2. PHRASAL VERB When an aeroplane takes off, it leaves the ground and starts flying. (飞机) 起飞
We eventually took off at 11 o'clock and arrived in Seattle at 1:30.
3. PHRASAL VERB If you take a garment off, you remove it. 脱去
He wouldn't take his hat off.
4. PHRASAL VERB If something such as a product, an activity, or someone's career takes off, it suddenly becomes very successful. 突然成功
In 1944, he met Edith Piaf, and his career took off.
5. PHRASAL VERB If you take off or take yourself off, you go away, often suddenly and unexpectedly. (常指突然且出人意料地) 离开
He took off at once and headed back to the motel.