听音频学句型：around here 在附近
around here 在附近，离…不远，也可以接there or somewhere
Is there a bank around here?
There is a great restaurant right around the corner.
New York is a great city, I used to live around there.
who is the most popular man around here?
Jack is very nice to be around.
1. PREP To be positioned around a place or object means to surround it or be on all sides of it. To move around a place means to go along its edge, back to your starting point. 在…四周
She looked at the papers around her.
2. PREP If you move around a corner or obstacle, you move to the other side of it. If you look around a corner or obstacle, you look to see what is on the
other side. 绕过
The photographer stopped clicking and hurried around the corner.
3. PREP If you move around a place, you travel through it, going to most of its parts. If you look around a place, you look at every part of it. 四处 (走动、
I've been walking around Moscow and the town is terribly quiet.
4. PREP If someone moves around a place, they move through various parts of that place without having any particular destination. 在…四处 (闲转)
These days much of my time is spent weaving my way around cocktail parties.
5. ADV You use around in expressions such as 【sit around】 and 【hang around】 when you are saying that someone is spending time in a place and not doing anything very important. 无所事事地
I'm just going to be hanging around twiddling my thumbs.