听音频学句型:Make it up to someone 补偿
Make it up to someone 补偿
make it up to 偿还；弥补；报答；酬谢
I am sorry I forgot your birthday, how can I make it up to you.
My husband forgot the anniversary again, he is going to have to make it up to me.
Thank you for understanding, I promise I will make it up to you.
It is all my fault, I will try to make it up to you .
1. PHRASAL VERB If you make up an amount, you add something to it so that it is as large as it should be. 补足 (某数量)
Less than half of the money that students receive is in the form of grants, and loans have made up the difference.
2. PHRASAL VERB If you make up time or hours, you work some extra hours because you have previously taken some time off work. 加班补足 (缺工时间)
They'll have to make up time lost during the strike.
3. PHRASAL VERB If a student makes up an examination or course they have failed or missed, they take the examination or course again. 补考; 补修 (某课程)
Everyone gets a chance to make up tests.
4. PHRASAL VERB If two people make up after a quarrel or disagreement, they become friends again. 和好
She came back and they made up.
5. PHRASAL VERB If you make up something such as a story or excuse, you invent it, sometimes in order to deceive people. 编造
I think it's very unkind of you to make up stories about him.
6. PHRASAL VERB The people or things that make up something are the members or parts that form that thing. 构成
Women officers make up 13 percent of the police force.