lesson27. Thank Your Lucky Stars
I remember when I was a young boy, life was tough. My parents made me do many things for them. For example,
they had me do the laundry, the dishes and the house cleaning. They even got me to work part-time to help
with the family expenses. If I was naughty, they would spank me. They would not let me go outside the house
Nowadays, life is quite different for kids. Parents can't force them to do anything. On the contrary, it
seems as if children can get their parents to do anything for them. Parents and teachers are even afraid to
spank children for fear of being sued. It amazes me , therefore, whenever I hear youngsters complain.
Instead, they should be thanking their lucky stars.
tough = hard 艰苦的 修饰人：凶恶的
do two loads of laundry 不说：do laundry, do dishes 要加定冠词或其他修饰词
I'll have my house painted next monday.
spank sb 打屁股
spare the rod, spoil the child. 孩子不打不成器
For fear of failing, Ted stay up study/studying all night.
He sued me breaking the contract.
- lesson1. Rome Wasn't Built in a Day
- lesson2. How to Improve Your English
- lesson3. The City of Song
- lesson4. He Who Hesitates Is Lost
- lesson5. Bungee Jumping
- lesson6. Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gaine
- lesson7. Doctor Death
- lesson8. No Hearts or No Brains?
- lesson9. Be Thoughtful
- lesson10. What Are Friends For?
8. No Hearts or No Brains? Helen and Dick are talking about the previous article. H: I don't understand how peop...