用户名: 密码: 验证码:    注册 | 忘记密码?
首页|听力资源|每日听力|网络电台|在线词典|听力论坛|下载频道|部落家园|在线背单词|双语阅读|在线听写|普特网校
您的位置:主页 > 每日焦点 > 政治 >

俄警方展开全城搜捕 “黑寡妇”

2014-01-22    来源:chinadaily    【      美国外教 在线口语培训

"Black widow" eyed as threat to Sochi Olympics

距2014年索契冬奥会开幕仅剩下不到三周的时间,但当地的恐怖主义阴霾仍未消散。综合外国媒体1月20日报道,俄罗斯警方正在索契搜捕一名“黑寡妇”,此人可能在冬奥会期间实施恐怖袭击。

The woman, identified as Ruzana Ibragimova, has promised to get revenge for the death of her husband, an Islamic militant killed last year by Russian security forces, CBS News investigative producer Pat Milton reported.

Police have been visiting hotels in the Sochi area inquiring if Ibragimova has been seen and have been distributing posters seeking information about her. CBS News has confirmed eyewitness accounts from Sochi that these posters have been put up in the area of the Olympic venues.

There is also a concern that other widows whose husbands were killed may be used by the Islamic terrorists as well to carry out an attack, possibly suicide attacks, Milton reported.

Last month, CBS News national security analyst Juan Zarate noted that Chechen rebels are famous for using "black widows" – widows of fighters who become suicide attackers. Zarate pointed out that women brought down two airliners in 2004 (one, ironically, was headed to Sochi) and a woman is believed to have been involved in a bombing attack in the southern Russian city of Volgograd two months ago that killed more than 30 people.

With the opening ceremony less than three weeks away, doubts have been increasing about how the Russians can guarantee security at the Winter Games. CBS News' David Martin has confirmed that the U.S. military has plans to put transport planes at European bases on alert and is deploying two Navy ships to the Black Sea in case Americans need to be evacuated from Sochi.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has said every precaution will be taken to protect athletes and other visitors at the Games.

"If we show we are afraid, we will encourage those terrorists in attaining their goals," Putin told reporters. "The job of the Olympics host is to ensure security, and we will do whatever it takes."

But former CIA Deputy Director Mike Morell, now a CBS News contributor, said it's almost a given that terrorists will try something at the Sochi Games.

"I think this is the biggest threat to any Olympics that we've seen in quite some time," Morell said. "The terrorists there are motivated, they are determined, and they capable, as we have seen in the last few weeks."

He said that if terrorists don't succeed in attacking Sochi, they may very well strike elsewhere in Russia. Anywhere where large numbers of Westerners are gathered would be considered a perfect target, he said.

Meanwhile, Russia's counter-terrorism agency says it's studying a video posted by an Islamic militant group that claimed responsibility for suicide bombings that killed 34 people last month and is threatening to strike the Winter Games.

Security experts say the Russians are right intaking the threat seriously.

The video was posted online Sunday by a militant group in Dagestan, a predominantly Muslim republic in Russia's volatile North Caucasus. The Olympic host city of Sochi lies only 300 miles west of Dagestan.


Two Russian-speaking men featured in the video are identified as members of Ansar al-Sunna, the name of a Jihadist group operating in Iraq. It was unclear whether the men in the video had received funding or training from that group or only adopted its name.

There was no confirmation the two men were the suicide bombers who struck Volgograd last month as the video claims.

Russia's National Anti-Terrorism Committee said Monday it was studying the video and would have no immediate comment. The video couldn't be viewed in Russia, where Internet providers cut access to it under a law that bans the "dissemination of extremist materials."

It was released by the Vilayat Dagestan, one of the units that make up the so-called Caucasus Emirate, an umbrella group for the rebels seeking to establish an independent Islamic state in the North Caucasus.

Doku Umarov, a Chechen warlord who leads the Emirate, had ordered a halt to attacks on civilian targets in 2012. But he rescinded that order in July, urging his followers to strike the Sochi Olympics, which he denounced as "satanic dances on the bones of our ancestors." The Games run from Feb. 7-23.

The Kremlin-backed leader of Chechnya claimed last week that Umarov was dead, but the claim couldn't be verified. The Vilayat Dagestan statement said the Volgograd attacks were carried out in part because of Umarov's order, but it didn't specifically say he had ordered them.(ChinaDaily)

相关内容

派发传单

日前,俄罗斯警方在索契市广发传单,要求市民们留意一位女性恐怖嫌犯。传单上有该名女子的照片和个人信息。

依据传单上的描述,俄罗斯联邦安全局(FSB)收到消息称现年22岁的鲁扎娜•易卜拉欣莫瓦是一名去年被俄安全部队击毙的伊斯兰激进分子的遗孀,她被疑在1月11日或12日从达吉斯坦进入索契。“我们掌握的情报显示,易卜拉欣莫瓦可能被非法武装组织所利用,计划于2014年冬奥会期间在索契组织恐怖袭击,”传单上写道。

据悉,俄警方还逐间到访索契市内的宾馆,询问是否有人曾经见过易卜拉欣莫瓦。一位知情人士透露,易卜拉欣莫瓦还有一个别名“萨利马”,有人报告称她最近在索契市中心出现过。

引发担忧

英国《每日电讯报》认为,俄罗斯警方派发传单搜捕易卜拉欣莫瓦,这是首次有迹象表明恐怖分子可能已经成功突破俄当局布下的安全警戒线、渗入索契。

20日播出的一档电视访谈节目中,俄罗斯总统普京坚称已采取一切必要措施为索契冬奥会提供安全保障。他说,俄当局在索契周围部署了4万名警察和安保人员筑成“钢铁长城”,防范来自附近北高加索共和国的伊斯兰武装分子的袭击。

“我们做了万全准备……我们完全了解索契面临安全威胁的范围,知道如何阻止、如何处理它。”普京还强调,俄方特意低调处理安保措施,目的就是“不给冬奥会的参与者带来困扰”。

尽管有普京的保证,但美国还是对索契冬奥会的安保忧心忡忡。据美国哥伦比亚广播公司报道,美军计划派出两艘军舰前往黑海、下令欧洲基地的几架运输机进入警戒状态,若有需要,可随时从索契撤离美国公民。

威吓视频

19日,一个达吉斯坦圣战网站发布视频,宣称对去年12月发生在俄罗斯南部城市伏尔加格勒的两起自杀式爆炸袭击负责。在这段持续50分钟的视频中,两名年轻男子一边倾吐对俄罗斯的忿恨不满,一边制作炸弹,他们显然是为执行爆炸任务做准备。

除了视频之外,该网站还贴出了一则书面声明,声称是一个名为“逊尼派信徒军”(Ansar Al-Sunna)的组织策划了伏尔加格勒爆炸案,并警告这只是“开始”,“如果俄罗斯不把军队撤出高加索,高加索地区的圣战者将继续发动更多袭击,甚至动用化学武器”。

俄罗斯国家反恐委员会20日表示,正在研究这段视频但拒绝作进一步置评。

美国中央情报局(CIA)前副局长迈克•莫雷尔认为,现在几乎可以肯定恐怖分子会在索契冬奥会期间做点什么。“这是在很长一段时间里奥运会遭遇的最严重威胁。正如我们在过去几周里所看到的,恐怖分子有动机、有决心、更有能力。”莫雷尔说,如果袭击索契失败,恐怖分子可能会继续袭击俄罗斯其他地区,“有大量西方人聚集的任何地方都会被认为是一个完美的目标”。


顶一下
(0)
0%
踩一下
(0)
0%
手机上普特 m.putclub.com 手机上普特
[责任编辑:Tina]
------分隔线----------------------------
发表评论 查看所有评论
请自觉遵守互联网政策法规,严禁发布色情、暴力、反动的言论。
评价:
表情:
用户名: 密码: 验证码:
  • 推荐文章
  • 资料下载
  • 讲座录音
普特英语手机网站
用手机浏览器输入m.putclub.com进入普特手机网站学习
查看更多手机学习APP>>