The foreign ministry, quoted by state news agency KCNA, said the deployment showed "reckless moves for invading" had "reached a serious phase".
The US Pacific Command says it is aimed at maintaining readiness in the region.
President Trump has said the US is prepared to act alone to deal with the nuclear threat from North Korea.
Meanwhile South Korea and China- who is North Korea’s closest ally - have warned of more stringent sanctions if Pyongyang conducts more missile tests.
“We will hold the US wholly accountable for the catastrophic consequences to be entailed by its outrageous actions,” said the foreign ministry statement quoted by KCNA.
"The DPRK is ready to react to any mode of war desired by the US," the statement said.
The US naval deployment showed North Korea had been right to develop nuclear weapons capability for use in self defence or in a pre-emptive strike, the statement added.
On Monday, China’s envoy for the Korean peninsula, Wu Dawei met with South Korea’s foreign minister and top nuclear envoy.
Korean officials told reporters that the two countries had agreed to enact "strong additional measures" if North Korea conducts further nuclear or missile tests.
China, which is North Korea’s economic lifeline, has already imposed economic sanctions including a ban of all imports of North Korean coal since February.
Meanwhile South Korea, US, and Japan are arranging a meeting later this month to coordinate a joint response to North Korea, reported South Korean news agency Yonhap.