用户名: 密码: 验证码:    注册 | 忘记密码?
首页|听力资源|每日听力|网络电台|在线词典|听力论坛|下载频道|部落家园|在线背单词|双语阅读|在线听写|普特网校

【整理】VOA 2014-04-02 尼日利亚北部发生多起爆炸

2014-04-24    来源:普特英语听力    【      美国外教 在线口语培训
— 查看译文 —

tips:怎样阅读才是有质量的阅读了? 中英对照请点击【中英对照】查看译文请点击 【查看译文】进行核对。


From Washington, this is VOA news. Multiple explosions in northern Nigeria take at least 15 lives. Kenyan authorities arrest hundreds in the search for bombing suspects. I'm Victor Beattie, reporting from Washington.

Multiple explosions near an oil depot in the Nigerian city of Maiduguri killed at least 15 civilians and six suicide bombers. Officials said soldiers blew up three vehicles laden with the explosives while a fourth car exploded apparently set off by a suicide bomber. A surviving attacker was arrested. The police commission of Nigeria's Borno states said the attack appear to be the work of Islamist militant group Boko Haram, the group blamed for thousands of deaths since 2009. Police in Kenya's capital have arrested hundreds of people following the explosions that killed at least six on Monday. Mahmoud Yusuf has the story in Nairobi.

For more than three hours, police carried out door-to-door searches of nearby residential buildings, looking for sympathizers of Somali militant group al-Shabab. Police demanded everyone produce identification cards and searched people's rooms. Multiple of these arrested were Somali refugees who are required to have alien cards issued by the Kenyan government. Kenyan officials have ordered Somali refugees living in urban areas to return to designated camps, following a wave of terror attacks and threats in the country attributed to al-Shabab. The country's security officials have warned there will be more arrested until those behind Monday's attack are found. Mahmoud Yusuf, for VOA news, Nairobi.

Kenya’s Interior Cabinet Secretary called the bombings barbaric and said the security operation will continue until those responsible are found. No one has claimed responsibility for Monday's attacks which wounded at least 25 people.

The International Criminal Court has postponed the trial of Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta, this time until October 7. Mr Kenyatta is charged with having organized deadly violence following Kenyan's disputed 2007 presidential election. The court said the latest delay is to give Kenya's government more time to provide records sought by ICC prosecutors. Those prosecutors said they lack sufficient evidence to go ahead with the trial and alleged that witnesses had been bribed or pressured not to cooperate. Human Rights Watch's Richard Dickers says the burden of proof must be ascertained in the case of a head of a state.

The prosecutors says alleged that a number of her witnesses as either being intimidated or disappeared under pressure exerted supposedly by those close to President Kenyatta. I think another lesson to learn is if one is charging a senior official or indeed a president, it's imperative to bring a case that is as airtight as possible. Mr Kenyatta faces charges of crimes against humanity for his alleged role in murders, prosecution, rapes and other crimes in the aftermath of the 2007 election. His deputy, William Ruto, is currently on trial at the ICC for similar charges. Both men denied them.

Saudi Arabia announced Tuesday it would suspend in issuing visas for Muslim pilgrims from Guinea and Liberia, two countries hit by an outbreak of deadly Ebola virus. The Saudi Health Ministry called them could have preventive measure. The World Health Organization has sorted downplay in aseries of the latest outbreaks, noticing a far worse situation than thosereported earlier in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda. Here is reporter Lisa Schlein.

WHO spokesman Gregory Hartl says there have been large outbreaks of Ebola recorded in Uganda and the Democratic Republic of Congo. He says the outbreak in Guinea is relatively small compared to the one in Uganda in 2000 and 2001, which infected more than 400 people. Four cases of the disease have been reported in the Guinean capital, Conakry, But Hartl says it is not unusual to have cases in capital cities.

“In Gabon, in the 1990s I believe there were cases in Libreville. The source of infection is still quite localized in the southeast of Guinea.”

Ebola is spread through blood and other bodily fluids from an infected person. It can also be transmitted by the handling of contaminated corpses. Bats and primates are the original source of the infection. Hartl says it is essential to stop the chains of transmission. Lisa Schlein for VOA news, Guinea.

Apparently, paralympian star Oscar Pistorius will not be the first defense witness when his murder trial resumes next week in Victoria. . One of the lawyers says the forensic expert will proceed the 27-year old sprinter of double-amputee known as the Blade Runner accused of killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp a year ago February. Pistorius denied shooting her that was murder just he mistook Steenkamp for an intruder. I'm Victor Beattie, VOA news. You could find many of these stories at our internet website, the address voanews.com.


这里是来自华盛顿的美国之音新闻。尼日利亚北部发生多起爆炸,造成至少15人丧生。肯尼亚当局为搜索嫌疑人已逮捕几百人。我是维克托贝迪,报道来自华盛顿。

尼日利亚城市迈杜古里一油库发生多次爆炸,造成至少15名平民和6名自杀式炸弹携带者死亡。官员表示,士兵引爆了载有炸药的三辆汽车,第四辆汽车被一名人体炸弹携带者引爆。尼日利亚博尔诺州警察委员会认为,这次袭击极可能是伊斯兰激进组织博科圣地所为,该组织自2009年以来已造成上千人死亡。肯尼亚首都警方为逮捕周一致使6人死亡的爆炸案元凶已拘捕上百人。穆罕默德尤瑟夫自内毕罗带来报道。

为了找出索马里激进组织青年党的支持者,警方对事发地附近居民楼进行了长达3个多小时挨家挨户的搜查。警方要求所有人出示身份证并进屋搜索。被捕人员中多数是索马里难民,他们需持有肯尼亚政府签发的外国人身份证。由于青年党发动了一系列恐怖袭击并制造威胁,肯尼亚官方下令居住在城区的索马里难民返回指定营地。肯尼亚安全部官员发出警告,在找到制造周一爆炸案的幕后真凶之前将逮捕更多人。穆罕默德·由瑟夫,美国之音新闻,内罗毕报道。

肯尼亚内阁内政部长斥责爆炸行为泯灭人性,并表示在找到真凶之前将一直执行安保措施。周一的爆炸案导致至少25人受伤,目前尚未有组织声称对此事负责。

国际刑事法庭将肯尼亚总统乌胡鲁•肯雅塔推迟到10月7日。肯雅塔被控在2007年具有争议的肯尼亚总统选举之后策划致命性暴力事件。法庭表示,推迟审判是为了能给肯尼亚政府更多的时间以提供检察官所需要的记录。检察官们称,他们目前缺少足够的证据来进行审判并宣称目击者有受贿行为或迫于压力不肯合作。人权观察团的理查德•迪克斯表示,对于一国之首的审判案,法庭需要持有大量确凿的证据。

检察官声称,在肯雅塔总统亲信的安排下,有些证人收到恐吓,有些因压力而拒绝露面。我认为此事带给我们的教训是,如果审判的对象是高级官员甚至总统,那么相关的保密工作必须做到天衣无缝。肯雅塔总统受指控的罪名是反人类罪,因其在2007总统大选之后参与了谋杀、迫害、强奸及其他犯罪活动。他的副总统威廉姆·鲁托因同样的罪名在国际刑事法院受审。两人均对其指控矢口否认。

由于几内亚和利比里亚爆发致命性病毒埃博拉,沙特周二宣布将暂停向这两个国家的的穆斯林朝圣者发放签证。沙特卫生部称他们(几内亚和利比里亚)本该采取预防措施。世界卫生组织对最近爆发的一系列疫情似乎并没有给予足够重视,指出以前在刚果民主共和国和乌干达爆发的疫情远比这次严重。丽萨·施莱报道。

世界卫生组织的发言人格里高利·哈特尔表示有记录显示乌干达与刚果民主共和国曾爆发过大规模的埃博拉病毒。他表示几内亚爆发的规模与乌干达在2000年与2001年爆发的规模相比相对较小。

“90年代在加蓬,我相信利伯维尔有病例。感染源仍然位于几内亚的东南部地区。”

来自被感染人群身上的埃博拉病毒能通过血液和其它体液传播。在处理受污染的尸体时也同样会传播。蝙蝠和灵长类动物是最初感染源。哈特尔称阻断传播渠道十分必要。丽莎·斯克林,VOA新闻,几内亚。

残奥运动之星奥斯卡·皮斯托瑞斯的谋杀案将于下周在维多利亚重新开庭,显然,届时他将不再是第一位辩方证人。奥斯卡的一位律师表示,法医专家将继续控告他在去年二月谋杀其女朋友瑞娃·斯廷坎普的罪名。刀锋战士奥斯卡·皮斯托瑞斯今年27岁,是一名双腿截肢的短跑选手。他否认谋杀指控,称其误将其女友斯廷坎普当做是非法入侵者,因此才会开枪。VOA 新闻,我是主持人维克多·贝蒂。更多报道敬请访问我们的网站voanews.com.



顶一下
(1)
100%
踩一下
(0)
0%
手机上普特 m.putclub.com 手机上普特
[责任编辑:floater]
------分隔线----------------------------
发表评论 查看所有评论
请自觉遵守互联网政策法规,严禁发布色情、暴力、反动的言论。
评价:
表情:
用户名: 密码: 验证码:
  • 推荐文章
  • 资料下载
  • 讲座录音
普特英语手机网站
用手机浏览器输入m.putclub.com进入普特手机网站学习
查看更多手机学习APP>>