用户名: 密码: 验证码:    注册 | 忘记密码?
首页|听力资源|每日听力|网络电台|在线词典|听力论坛|下载频道|部落家园|在线背单词|双语阅读|在线听写|普特网校

常速新闻:联合国人权官员表示 杜特地应接受谋杀调查

2016-12-27    来源:VOA    【      美国外教 在线口语培训

VOA NEWS

December 21, 2016

From Washington, this is VOA news. I'm David DeForest reporting.


Islamic State extremists have claimed responsibility for the truck attack in Berlin Monday that killed at least 12 people and wounded dozens. The claim was posted late Tuesday on the website of the group's Amaq news agency.

The statement came a short while after German police released a lone suspect captured Monday evening after a huge truck smashed into an open-air market where people were taking part in Christmas festivities.

The Chief Prosecutor's Office says it has released the suspect, a Pakistani national, because investigators did not have enough evidence to charge him with a crime.


The Russian and Turkish presidents say the assassination of Russia's ambassador to Turkey will not harm ties between the two countries.

The two countries' foreign ministers laid flowers Tuesday at the portrait of Ambassador Andrei Karlov in Moscow. Karlov was shot and killed by an off-duty policeman Monday in an apparent protest against Russia's involvement in Syria.


The foreign ministers of Russia and Turkey say the evacuation of the besieged Syrian city of Aleppo should be completed in no more than two days.

Turkey's foreign minister said more than 37,000 people have been evacuated and the goal is to have all the remaining people in Aleppo removed by Wednesday.

Meanwhile, the militant group Hezbollah threatened Tuesday to attack the last rebel-held area of Aleppo. It says Syrian forces have issued their final call for people to leave the area in the city's eastern districts that remain under control of opposition troops.

Also, the foreign ministers of Russia, Turkey and Iran met in Moscow to draft a proposal that Russia says amounts to a blueprint for a cease-fire in Syria and potentially an end to the war.


This is VOA news.


China on Tuesday returned an underwater U.S. drone it seized last week in international waters of the South China Sea.

Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook said the transfer took place in the same area where China picked up the drone. The drone measures water salinity and temperature gradients.

China's Defense Ministry said Tuesday the transfer [was completely] was completed "smoothly" after "friendly consultations" between the two countries.


President-elect Donald Trump planned Tuesday to meet with former Bush administration official Jovita Carranza, who is believed to be in the running to become the U.S. trade representative.

Trump had also planned to meet with businessman Luis Quinonez, who is said to be under consideration for Veterans Affairs secretary.

A Trump spokesman says commerce secretary nominee Wilbur Ross will be in charge of the new administration's trade policy.

And concerning a leftover election issue, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has rejected calls for a special Senate investigative committee to look into possible interference in U.S. elections by Russia and other countries.


U.N. human rights officials in the Democratic Republic of Congo say at least 20 people have been killed since Monday in violence between protesters and security forces. Protesters object to President Joseph Kabila's remaining in office after the end of his term. William Clowes has more.

Sporadic running battles continued through Tuesday and local media have reported that an office building belonging to Kabila's political party and a police headquarters were set on fire.

José Maria Aranaz, the director of the U.N. joint human rights office in the DRC, told Reuters that his team is reviewing reports that 20 civilians have been killed in confrontations with security forces.

Aranaz told VOA that military police had denied his staff access to the University of Kinshasa, where clashes have taken place and threatened them.

VOA visited opposition areas and saw evidence of the street battles.

William Clowes, Kinshasa.


The top human rights official at the United Nations Tuesday called for an investigation of Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte after he claimed he personally killed several alleged criminals.

U.N. Human Rights Commissioner Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein called on Philippines authorities to launch a murder investigation.

Here is Rupert Colville, a spokesman: "The killings committed by Mr. Duterte, by his own admission, at a time when he was a mayor, clearly constitute murder."

Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein said it is unthinkable for any judicial system to not launch investigative and judicial proceedings when someone openly admits to being a killer.


Briefly looking at markets, on Wall Street, U.S. stock indexes were higher at the close of trade today.


From the VOA news center in Washington, I'm David DeForest.

That's the latest world news from VOA.



顶一下
(1)
100%
踩一下
(0)
0%
手机上普特 m.putclub.com 手机上普特
[责任编辑:aimee]
------分隔线----------------------------
发表评论 查看所有评论
请自觉遵守互联网政策法规,严禁发布色情、暴力、反动的言论。
评价:
表情:
用户名: 密码: 验证码:
  • 推荐文章
  • 资料下载
  • 讲座录音
普特英语手机网站
用手机浏览器输入m.putclub.com进入普特手机网站学习
查看更多手机学习APP>>