生活大爆炸第一季第一集_3Pilot(试播)

作者:admin

来源:

2013-4-12 09:13

生活大爆炸第一季第一集_3Pilot(试播)

00:00

生活大爆炸第一季第一集_3Pilot(试播)

-Sheldon: I really think we should examine the chain of causality here.
我真的觉得我们该好好想想这里面的因果关系了。

-Leonard: Must we?
有必要嘛?

-Sheldon: Event A: a beautiful woman stands naked in our shower.
事件一我们那淋浴器下站着格裸体美女。

Event B: we drive halfway across town to retrieve a television set from the aforementioned woman's ex-boyfriend.
事件二我们开车穿过半个城市到上述那位女性的前男友处取回一台电视机。

Query: on what plane of existence is there even a semi-rational link between these events?
提问在哪个层面上这两个事件哪怕是有关半点合理的联系?

-Leonard: She asked me to do her a favor, Sheldon.
她请求我帮她个忙,Sheldon。

-Sheldon: Ah, yes. Well, that may be the proximal cause of our journey,
是啊,这可能是我们这趟旅途最近似的原因了,

but we both know it only exists in contradistinction to the higher level distal cause.
但其只存在于更高层次原因的对比之下,这点我们都清楚。

-Leonard: Which is?
是什么?

-Sheldon: You think with your penis.
你在用下半身思考。

-Leonard: That's a biological impossibility. And you didn't have to come.
从生理上说这是不可能的。还有你可以不用跟来啊。

-Sheldon: Oh, right, yes, I could have stayed behind and watch Wolowitz try to hit on Penny in Russian, Arabic and Farsi.
不错,我可以留在那儿看着Wolowitz用俄语,阿拉伯语,波斯语来勾引Penny。

Why can't she get her own TV?
我不明白她怎么不能自己拿电视?

-Leonard: Come on, you know how it is with break-ups.
你也知道分手是怎样的。

-Sheldon: No, I don't... and neither do you.
不,我不知道……你也不知道。

-Leonard: I... I broke up with Joyce Kim.
我以前和Joyce Kim分过手。

-Sheldon: You did not break up with Joyce Kim. She defected to North Korea.
你没有和Joyce Kim分手,是她投奔回朝鲜了。

-Leonard: To mend her broken heart.
去缝补她破碎的心啊。

This situation is much less complicated.
现在这情况远没那么复杂。

There's some kind of dispute between Penny and her ex-boyfriend as to who gets custody of the TV.
就谁该得到这台电视机的拥有权,Penny和她前男友有过争吵。

She just wanted to avoid having a scene with him.
她只是不想和他再大吵大闹。

-Sheldon: So we get to have a scene with him?
所以就得让我们去见他?

-Leonard: No, Sheldon, there's not going to be a scene.
不会有争吵的。

There's two of us and one of him.
我们两个,他一个人。

-Sheldon: Leonard, the two of us can't even carry a TV.
Leonard 我们俩连电视机都抱不动。

-Penny: So, you guys work with Leonard and Sheldon at the university?
那么,你们是Leonard和Sheldon大学的同学喽?

Um, I'm sorry. Do you speak english?
抱歉,你讲英文吗?

-Howard: Oh, he speaks English. He just can't speak to women.
噢,他讲英文的,就是不擅长和异性讲话。

-Penny: Really? Why?
真的吗为什么?

-Howard: He's kind of a nerd. Juice box?
他有点古怪。喝果汁?

-Leonard: I'll do the talking.
我来谈。

-Man: Yeah?
怎么?

-Leonard: Uh, hi, I'm Leonard, this is Sheldon.
嗨,我是Leonard,他是Sheldon。

-Sheldon: Hello.
你好。

-Leonard: Let's... Uh, we're here to pick up Penny's TV.
让我们……我们是来拿Penny的电视的。

-Man: Get lost.
滚蛋!

-Sheldon: Okay, thanks for you time.
耽误你时间了。

-Leonard: We're not going to give up just like that.
我们不能就这么算了。

-Sheldon: Leonard, the TV's in the building.
可是电视在大楼。

We have been denied access to the building, ergo, we are done.
我们已经被阻止进入大楼了,因此,我们没戏了。

-Leonard: Excuse me.
你说什么?

If I were to give up on the first little hitch I never would have been able to identify
如果一有困难我就放弃,我就永远不可能分辨出。

the fingerprints of string theory in the aftermath of the big bang.
大爆炸后期弦论的“指纹“。

-Sheldon: My apologies. What's your plan?
我道歉。你打算怎么做?

It's just a privilege to watch your mind at work.
看到你动脑子,真是荣幸。

-Leonard: Come on, we have a combined IQ of 360.
拜托,我们两个智商加一起都360了。

We should be able to figure out how to get into a stupid building.
我们得想办法怎么进去这栋破楼里!

-Sheldon: What do you think their combined IQ is?
你觉得她俩之智商加一起...

-Leonard: Just grab the door! This is it. I'll do the talking.
快挡住门。就是这儿。我来谈。

-Sheldon: Good thinking. I'll just be the muscle.
好啊,我就当出力的那个。

-Man: Yeah?
什么事?

-Leonard: I'm Leonard, this is Sheldon.
我是Leonard,他是Sheldon。

-Sheldon: From the Intercom.
就对话机里那个.

-Man: How the hell did you get in the building?
你们是怎么进来?

-Leonard: Uh... we're scientists.
我们是科学家。

-Sheldon: Tell him about our IQ. Leonard...
告诉他我们的智商有多高。Leonard...

-Leonard: What?
怎么?

-Sheldon: My mom bought me those pants.
那裤子是我妈给我买的。

-Leonard: I'm sorry.
对不起。

-Sheldon: You're going to have to call her.
你负责打给她。

-Leonard: Sheldon, I am so sorry I dragged you through this.
Sheldon,我很抱歉,害你牵扯进来。

-Sheldon: It's okay. It wasn't my first pantsing and it won't be my last.
没什么,这不是我的第一条裤子,也不会是组后一条。

-Leonard: And you were right about my motives.
关于我的动机,你说的对。

I was hoping to establish a relationship with Penny that might have someday led to sex.
我是希望能和Penny之间有点什么……或许哪天能和她做爱。

-Sheldon: Well, you got me out of my pants.
可你却让我把裤子脱了。

-Leonard: Anyway, I've learned my lesson.
总之我吸取教训了。

She's out of my league. I'm done with her.
她和我不是一国的,我不再奢求什么。

Got my work, one day I'll win the Nobel Prize and then I'll die alone.
我要继续自己的生活,等到哪天得到诺贝尔奖,然后孤独地死去。

-Sheldon: Don't think like that. You're not going to die alone.
别那么说,你不会孤独地死去的。

-Leonard: Thank you, Sheldon. You're a good friend.
谢谢,Sheldon。你是个好朋友。

-Sheldon: And you're certainly not going to win a Nobel Prize.
你当然也肯定不会得诺贝尔奖的。

-Howard: This is one of my favorite places to kick back after a quest.
这是我最喜欢的地方之一,被追到后进行反击。

They have a great house ale.
他们的麦酒很不错。

-Penny: Wow, a cool tiger.
喔,好酷的老虎。

-Howard: Yeah, I've had him since Level 10.
是的,我打到第10级有了它。

His name is Buttons.
它叫Boutons。

Anyway, if you had your own game character we could hang out, maybe go on a quest.
如果你有自己的游戏角色,我们可以一起玩,互相追逐。

-Penny: Um... sounds interesting.
听起来很有意思。

-Howard: So you'll think about it?
那你会考虑吗?

-Penny: Oh, I don't think I'll be able to stop thinking about it.
噢,我想我会不停地考虑下去的。

-Rajesh: Smooth.
顺利。

-Leonard: We're home.
我们回来了。

-Penny: Oh, my god, what happened?
噢,天啊,发生什么事了?
-Leonard: Well, your ex-boyfriend sends his regards and I think the rest is fairly self-explanatory.
你前男友对我们表示欢迎。我想剩下的部分你也猜到了。

-Penny: I'm so sorry.
太对不起了。

I really thought if you guys went instead of me he wouldn't be such an ass.
我真的以为如果你们替我去,他就不会那么混蛋了。

-Leonard: No, it was a valid hypothesis.
不,难免会这么想的。

-Sheldon: That was a valid hypoth... What is happening to you?
这合理...? 你是怎么了啊

-Penny: Really... thank you so much for going and trying.
很感谢你们去那里想要帮我。

Oh, you're so terrific. Really.
你们人真的是太好了。真的。

Why don't you get some clothes on? I'll get my purse, and dinner is on me, okay?
你们何不穿好衣服,我去拿包,晚饭我请你们。

-Leonard: Really? Great.
真的吗?太好了。

-Sheldon: Thank you
谢谢。

-Penny: Okay.
好。

-Sheldon: You're not done with her, are you?
你不会放弃她的,是不是?

-Leonard: Our babies will be smart and beautiful.
我们的孩子一定是美丽又聪慧。

-Sheldon: Not to mention imaginary.
更不用说想象力有多丰富了。

-Leonard: Is Thai food okay with you, Penny?
Penny,泰国菜没问题吧?

-Penny: Sure.
是的。

-Sheldon: We can't have Thai food we had Indian for lunch.
我们不能吃这个,中午刚吃完印度菜。

-Penny: So?
那么?

-Sheldon: They're both curry-based cuisines.
他们都是以咖喱为主的。

-Penny: So?
所以?

-Sheldon: It would be gastronomically redundant
会产生对美食的品尝疲劳。

I can see we're going to have to spell out everything for this girl.
我们要把一切都解释给她听。

-Penny: Any ideas, Raj?
有什么建议吗? Raj

-Howard: Uh, turn left on lake street and head up to Colorado.
Lake大街转左,往Colorado方向走。

I know a wonderful little sushi bar that has karaoke.
我知道一些很不错的寿司店,还有卡拉OK。

-Penny: That sounds like fun.
听起来很不错。

-Howard: Baby, baby, don't get hooked on me...

宝贝,别被我迷住了。

oh, baby, baby, don't get hooked on me…
宝贝,别被我迷住了。

-Sheldon: I don't know what your odds are in the world as a whole,
我不知道在整个世界范围内你的成功概率有多少,

but as far as the population of this car goes, you're a veritable mack daddy.
不过就这辆车子里的人来说,你还是很有希望的。

chain of causality:因果关系
retrieve:取回
aforementioned:上述的
query:提问
proximal:近似的
distal:末梢部的
defect to:投奔
custody:保管
intercom:对讲机
kick back:突然退缩
valid:有确实根据的
hypothesis:假设
gastronomically:烹饪学的
redundant:多余的
spell out:详细说明
get hooked on:被…迷住了
averitable:真正的
mack daddy:万人迷