生活大爆炸第一季第二集_1The Big Bran Hypothesis

作者:admin

来源:

2013-4-12 09:18

生活大爆炸第一季第二集_1The Big Bran Hypothesis

00:00

生活大爆炸第一季第二集_1The Big Bran Hypothesis

-Howard: But does it have peanut oil?
但有花生油吧?

-Leonard: I'm not sure.
我不清楚。

Everyone keep an eye on Howard in case he starts to swell up.
你们每个人都盯着Howard,以防他突然肿胀。

-Sheldon: Since it's not bee season, you can have my epinephrine.
既然现在不是看<拼字大赛> ,你可以吃我的肾上腺素。

-Howard: Are there any chopsticks?
有筷子吗?

-Sheldon: You don't need chopsticks. This is Thai food.
你不需要筷子,这是泰国菜。

-Leonard: Here we go.
又来啦。

-Sheldon: Thailand has had the fork since the latter half of the 19th Century.
泰国自19世纪后半期起使用餐叉。

Interestingly, they don't actually put the fork in their mouth--
有趣的是,他们不直接叉食物进嘴,

They use it to put the food on a spoon which then goes into their mouth.
而是叉食物进汤匙,再送进嘴里。

-Leonard: Ask him for a napkin. I dare you.
你敢不敢找他要餐巾纸?

I'll get it.
我去开门。

-Howard: Do I look puffy? I feel puffy.
我看起来肿吗? 我觉得有点鼓鼓的。

-Penny:Hey, Leonard.
嗨,Leonard

-Leonard: Oh, hi, Penny.
嗨,Penny

-Penny:Am I interrupting?
打扰到你们了?

-Leonard: No.
没有。

-Sheldon: You're not swelling, Howard.
你没有肿胀,Howard。

-Howard: No, no, look at my fingers. They're like Vienna sausages.
不,不,看我的手指,就像维也纳腊肠。

-Penny:Sounds like you have company.
看起来你有客人。

-Leonard: They're not going anywhere.
他们哪儿也不去。

So, you're coming home from work. That's great. How was work?
你刚下班啊,太好了。工作怎么样?

-Penny:Well, you know, it's a Cheesecake Factory.
你知道嘛?芝士蛋糕工厂?

People order cheesecake and I bring it to them…
人们购买蛋糕,我给他们就行。

-Leonard: So you kind of act like a carbohydrate delivery system.
也就是说,你类似于是,碳水化合物的运送系统。

-Penny:Yeah. Call it whatever you want, I get my minimum wage.
是啊,随便你怎么叫它,我能拿到基本工资。

Yeah. Um, anyways, I was wondering if you could help me out with something. I've kinda had...
好吧,不管怎么说,我在想你能不能帮我个忙?

-Leonard: Yes.
没问题。

-Penny:Okay, great. I'm having some furniture delivered tomorrow and I may not be here, so... Oh. H… Hello.
太好了。明天我有些家具要运过来,我可能不在家,所以... 你...你们好

I'm sorry?
抱歉?

-Howard: Haven't you ever been told how beautiful you are in flawless Russian?
没人用俄语夸奖过你的绝世美貌吗?

-Penny:No, I haven't.
不,没有 。

-Howard: Get used to it.
你得习惯这个。

-Penny:Yeah. I probably won't.
呃,我可能很难习惯。

Hey,Sheldon. Hi
嘿 Sheldon 。 嗨

Hey, Raj.
嘿 Raj。

Still not talking to me, huh?
还是不理我,嗯?

-Sheldon: Don't take it personally, it's his pathology. He can't talk to women.
别放在心上。这是他的病状,他没法和女人说话。

-Howard: He can’t talk to attractive women or in your case, a cheesecake scented goddess.
没法和迷人的女人说话,而你是芝士蛋糕香气逼人的女神。

-Leonard: So there's going to be some furniture delivered?
那么,有家具要搬过来?

-Penny:Yeah, yeah. If it gets here and I'm not here tomorrow, could you just sign for it,
对。如果明天送来时我不在,你能帮我签收一下吗?

and have them put it in my apartment?
然后搬进我的房间?

-Leonard: No problem.
没问题。

-Penny:Great. Here's my spare key. Thank you.
太好了,这是我的备用钥匙,谢谢!

Penny, wait.
Penny,等等。

-Penny:Yeah?
怎么?

-Leonard: Uh...If you don't have any other plans,
呃... 如果你没别的计划,

do you want to join us for Thai food and a Superman movie marathon?
要不来和我们一起吃泰国菜,还有超人电影马拉松?

-Penny:A marathon? Wow. How many Superman movies are there?
马拉松? 哇噢,你们那儿有多少部超人电影?

-Sheldon: You're kidding, right?
你开玩笑,对吧?

-Penny:I do like the one where Lois Lane falls from the helicopter
我超喜欢那部,路易丝·莱恩从直升机上坠下。

and Superman swooshes down and catches her.
超人嗖地一下过去接住她。

Which one was that?
那是哪一部?

One(其他人齐声说)
第一部。

-Sheldon: You realize that scene was rife with scientific inaccuracy.
你知道那场景里,充斥着科学错误吧?

-Penny:Yes, I know, men can't fly.
是啊,我知道,人类不能飞。

-Sheldon: No, no. Let's assume that they can.
不,不,让我们假设人类可以。

Lois Lane is falling, accelerating at an initial of 32 feet per second per second.
路易丝·莱恩以32英尺/秒平方的初始加速度急速坠落,

Superman swoops down to save her by reaching out two arms of steel.
超人突然下降,用钢铁般的手臂接住她。

Miss Lane, who is now traveling at approximately 120 miles an hour,
莱恩小姐此时大约速度在120英里/时,

hits them and is immediately slice into three equal pieces.
猛撞上超人的手臂后,她会马上被切成三等分。

-Leonard: Unless Superman matches her speed and decelerates.
除非超人赶上她的速度并减速。

-Sheldon: In what space, sir? In what space?
哪还有时间,先生? 哪有时间?

She's two feet above the ground.
她离地面只有两英尺。

Frankly, if he really loved her, he'd let her hit the pavement.
坦白讲,如果他真的爱她,就应该让她直接撞地。

It'd be a more merciful death.
那会是种更仁慈的死法。

-Leonard: Excuse me, your entire argument is predicated on the assumption
抱歉,你全部的争论,都只是建立在一个假设上,

that Superman's flight is a feat of strength.
假设超人的飞行能力,是一种力量的特技。

-Sheldon: Are you listening to yourself?
你知道自己说什么吗?

It is well established that Superman's flight is a feat of strength.
这一点是毋庸置疑的啊。

It is an extension of his ability to leap tall buildings.
这是他跳跃高楼能力的延伸,

an ability he derives from exposure to Earth's yellow sun.
是他从太阳光中获取的能力。

-Howard:And you don't have a problem with that? How does he fly at night?
你没发现问题吗? 那他在夜里怎么飞行?

-Sheldon: Oh, a combination of the moon's solar reflection
哦,结合月球的日光反射,

and the energy-storage capacity of Kryptonian skin cells.
以及氪星人皮肤细胞中贮存的能量。

-Penny:I'm just gonna go wash up.
我要回去洗个手先。

-Leonard: I have 2,600 comic books in there.
我那儿有2600本连环画册。

I challenge you to find a single reference to Kryptonian skin cells.
你敢不敢去找出,所谓的"氪星人皮肤细胞"的内容?

-Sheldon: Challenge accepted.
接受挑战。

We're locked out.
我们被锁在外面了。

-Raj:Also, the pretty girl left.
还有,漂亮女孩也走了。


-Leonard: Ok, her apartment's on the fourth floor but the elevator's broken,
房间在四楼,可是电梯坏了,

so you're gonna have to...
所以你们得...

Oh, you're just gonna be done? Okay. Cool. Thanks.
你们就这么走了? 好吧,没事,谢谢。

I guess we'll just bring it up ourselves.
我们自己搬上去吧。

-Sheldon: I hardly think so.
我不这么想。

-Leonard: Why not?
为什么不?

-Sheldon: Well, we don't have a dolly,
呃,我们没有手推车,

or lifting belts or any measurable upper-body strength.
没有升降运送带,也没有那么强悍的上肢力量。

-Leonard: We don't need strength-- we're physicists.
我们不需要靠蛮力,我们是物理学家。

We are the intellectual descendants of Archimedes.
我们是阿基米德的精英后代。

Give me a fulcrum and a lever and I can move the Earth.
给我一个杠杆,一个支点,我就能撬动地球。

It's just a matter of... I don't have this.
可问题是...我没有。

I don't have this! I do not have this!!
我没有! 我没有!!

-Sheldon: Archimedes would be so proud.
阿基米德会为你骄傲的。

-Leonard: Do you have any ideas?
你有办法吗?

-Sheldon: Yes, but they all involve a green lantern and a power ring.
有,但都需要绿灯侠和能量指环 (美国漫画超级英雄)。

-Leonard: Easy... easy.
慢点...慢点

Okay. Now we've got an inclined plane.
很好,现在我们弄成了斜面。

The force required to lift is reduced by the sine of the angle of the stairs,
运上去所需的力度,按梯角的正弦值减少,

call it 30 degrees, so, about half.
30度角的话,就减少约一半力气。

-Sheldon: Exactly half.
正好一半。

-Leonard: Exactly half.
正好一半。

Let's push..
来推吧。

Okay. See, it's moving, this is easy.
看,推动了,很容易。

It's all in the math.
一切都是数学原理。

-Sheldon: What's your formula for the corner?
遇到转角,你用什么公式?

-Leonard: What? Okay, uh...
什么? 好吧呃...

Okay, yeah, no problem. Just come up here, help me and turn.
没问题,你上来这儿帮我拉,然后转弯。

-Sheldon: Ah, gravity, thou are a heartless bitch.
啊,地心引力,你真是无良的婊子。

You do understand that our efforts here will
你得明白,我们这儿所有的努力,

in no way increase the odds of you having sexual congress with this woman.

绝不可能增加你和那女人,发生性关系的几率。

-Leonard: Men do things for women without expecting sex.
男人为女人做事,并不是只求做爱予以回报。

-Sheldon: Those would be men who just had sex.
那是对于,刚做过爱的男人来说。

-Leonard: I'm doing this to be a good neighbor.
我这么做,是想成为一个好邻居。

In any case, there's no way it could lower the odds.
无论如何,这也绝不会降低几率啊。

-Leonard: Almost there. Almost there. Almost there.
快到了。快到了。快到了。

-Sheldon: No, we're not. We’re not.
不,还没到。不,还没到。

-Leonard: I'm sorry.
对不起。

-Sheldon: Watch your fingers. Watch your fingers.
小心手指。

-Leonard: Yeah.
好的。

-Sheldon: Oh, God, my fingers!
上帝啊我的手指!

-Leonard: You okay?
你没事吧?

-Sheldon: No, her... Great Caesar's ghost, look at this place.
不,她... 伟大凯撒的亡灵啊,看看这地方。

-Leonard: So Penny's a little messy.
看来Penny的房间有一点凌乱。

-Sheldon: A little messy?
有一点凌乱?

The Mandelbrot set of complex numbers is a little messy.
高次幂Mandelbrot集的复杂数字,才叫有一点凌乱。

This is chaos.
这简直是一团糟。

Excuse me.
不好意思。

Explain to me an organizational system where a tray of flatware on a couch is valid.
你解释下,一个餐具盘放在沙发上,这样的组织系统能叫合理吗?

Now, I'm just inferring that this is a couch
现在,我只是假设这是沙发,

because the evidence s the coffee table is having a tiny garage sale.
因为证据显示,咖啡桌上正进行一场小型旧货出售。

-Leonard: Did it ever occur to you that not everyone has the compulsive need to sort, organize

你有没想过,并不是每个人都觉得必须要... 归类、整理、

and label the entire world around them?
并将一切事物都贴上标签?

-Sheldon: No.
没有想过。

-Leonard: Well, they don't. Hard as it may be for you to believe,
其实人们不这样,也许你很难相信,

most people don't sort their breakfast cereal numerically by fiber content.
大多数人并不用纤维量,去归类他们的芥麦早餐。

-Sheldon: Excuse me, but I think we've both found that helpful at times.
抱歉,但我认为我们都发现,有时那个很管用。

swell up:肿胀
epinephrine:肾上腺素
puffy:肿胀的
sausage:香肠
carbohydrate:碳水化合物
pathology:病状,反常
spare:多余的,备用的
swoosh:嗖的一声(涡动)
be rife with:充满
swoop:俯冲,猛冲
feat:n. 壮举,功绩,技艺表演
derive from:由…而来,源于