生活大爆炸第一季第五集_1:The Hamburger Postulate

作者:admin

来源:

2013-4-19 09:36

生活大爆炸第一季第五集_1:The Hamburger Postulate

00:00

生活大爆炸第一季第五集_1:The Hamburger Postulate

-Sheldon: All right! I’m moving my infantry division.
好吧,我要调动我的步兵师。

-Sheldon: Augmented by battalion of orcs from land of the rings.
从指环王里的兽人营加过来的。

-Sheldon: We flank the Tennessee volunteers.
我们从侧翼包围了田纳西的志愿兵。

-Sheldon: And the north, once again, wins the Battle of Gettysburg.
而在北方,我们又一次赢得了葛底斯堡战役。

-Howard: Not so fast!
没那么快!

-Howard: Remember, the south still has two infantry divisions.
别忘了,南方还有两个步兵师。

-Howard: Plus superman and Godzilla.
再加上超人和哥斯拉。

-Leonard: No, orcs are magic. Superman is vulnerable to magic.
不,兽人会魔法,超人对魔法无能为力。

-Leonard: Not to mention you already lost Godzilla to the Illinois Cavalry and Hulk.
更别提哥斯拉早已被伊利诺伊骑兵和绿巨人消灭。

-Rajesh: Why don't you just have Robert E. Lee charge the line with Shiva and Ganesh?
为什么不让罗伯特·李将军还有湿婆和格涅沙来统领这一战线?

-Penny: You guys ready to order?
可以点餐了吗?

-Howard: Hang on, honey.
稍等,宝贝。

-Howard: Shiva and Ganesh?
湿婆和格涅沙?

-Howard: The Hindu gods, against the entire Union army?
印度教之神? 对抗整个北部联军?

-Leonard: And orcs.
还有半兽人。

-Penny: I'll be back.
我稍候再来。

-Rajesh: Excuse me.
不好意思。

-Rajesh: Ganesh is the remover of obstacles and Shiva is the destroyer.
Ganesh擅长清除障碍,湿婆是毁灭之神。

-Rajesh: When the smoke clears, Abraham Lincoln will be speaking Hindi and drinking mint juleps.
当硝烟散尽,林肯将会说印第语,喝南方的薄荷饮料。

-Penny: All right, my boss says you have to either order or leave and never come back.
我老板说你们要么点餐,要么永远给他滚蛋。

-Howard: What do you recommend for someone who worked up a man-sized appetite from a morning of weight training and cardio funk?
对于做了一早上的举重和有氧锻炼,大胃口的我有什么推荐菜式?

-Penny: A shower.
洗澡。

-Howard: I'll take the Heart Smart platter.
我要个奶酪拼盘。

-Penny: All right, thank you, and Sheldon?
好,谢谢你,Sheldon呢?

-Sheldon: We don't eat here.
我们没在这里吃过。

-Sheldon: I don't know what's good.
不知道什么好吃。

-Penny: Well, it's all good.
都很好吃。

-Sheldon: Statistically unlikely.
概率上不太可能。

-Leonard: Just get a hamburger.
就点一个汉堡。

-Leonard: You like hamburgers.
你喜欢汉堡。

-Sheldon: I like the hamburgers where we usually have hamburgers.
我喜欢我们常去的那家汉堡店的汉堡。

-Sheldon: You can't make the assumption that I'll like the hamburgers here.
不能假定我也喜欢这里的汉堡。

-Leonard: I'm sorry.
对不起。

-Leonard: Give him a hamburger.
给他一个汉堡。

-Penny: All right, which one?
好吧,哪种?

-Penny: The Classic Burger, the Ranch House Burger, the Barbecue Burger, or the Kobe Burger?
经典汉堡,农家汉堡,烧烤汉堡还是柯比汉堡?

-Sheldon: Can't we just go to Big Boy?
能不能去大胖汉堡店?

-Sheldon: They only have one burger... the Big Boy.
大胖汉堡只有一种汉堡。

-Penny: Well, the Barbecue Burger is like the Big Boy.
烧烤汉堡跟大胖汉堡挺像的。

-Sheldon: Excuse me, in a world that already includes a Big Boy, why would I settle for something like a Big Boy?
对不起,既然世上已经有大胖汉堡,为什么我们要满足于像大胖汉堡呢?

-Penny: Because you're not at Big Boy!
因为你不在大胖汉堡店!

-Sheldon: Fine, I'll have the Barbecue Burger.
好吧那我要烧烤汉堡。

-Leonard: Make it two.
我也要这个。

-Sheldon: Waitresses don't yell at you at Big Boy.
大胖汉堡店的侍应从不高声训我。

-Leslie: Hey, Leonard. Hi, guys.
嘿,Leonard,你们好。

-Men: Hey.
你好。

-Leonard: Hi, Leslie.
你好,Leslie。

-Leslie: I didn't know you ate here.
不知道你们会来这里吃饭。

-Sheldon: We don't.
确实不会。

-Sheldon: This is a disturbing aberration.
这次是烦扰的例外。

-Leonard: Leslie, this is Penny.
Leslie,她是Penny。

-Leonard: She lives across the hall from Sheldon and me.
她住在我和Sheldon的对面。

-Howard: And walks in quiet beauty like the night.
她走在美的光彩中,像夜晚 (诗人拜伦的名句)。

-Penny: Howard, I've asked you not to do that.
Howard,我已经说了别这样.

-Leonard: Leslie and I do research together at the university.
Leslie和我在同个实验室做研究。

-Penny: Oh, wow, a girl scientist.
哇,女科学家。

-Leslie: Yep, come for the breasts, stay for the brains.
没错,勾人靠胸,留人靠脑。

-Leslie: So, I'm glad I ran into you.
碰见你太好了。

-Leslie: The Physics Department string quartet needs a new cellist.
物理系弦乐四重奏还缺一个大提琴。

-Leonard: What happened to Elliot Wong?
Elliot Wong怎么啦?

-Leslie: He switched over to high-energy radiation research
他调到高能辐射课题组了。

-Leslie: Had a little mishap, and now the other guys are uncomfortable sitting next to him.
发生一些小意外,其他团员怕坐他身边被辐射。

-Leslie: So are you in?
你来不来?

-Leonard: Yeah, sure, why not?
当然来。

-Leslie: Great, we rehearse on Tuesdays at your place.
太好了,周二去你那里彩排。

-Sheldon: Why at my place?
为什么去我那里?

-Leslie: Yeah, Department of Energy said our regular space is kind of a hot zone.
能源部说我们原来排练的地方现在是危险区。

-Leslie: Nice meeting you.
很高兴见到你。

-Penny: Yeah, you, too.
我也是。

-Penny: Leonard, I didn't know you played the cello.
Leonard,不知道你会拉大提琴。

-Leonard: Yeah, my parents felt that naming me Leonard and putting me in Advanced Placement classes wasn't getting me beaten up enough.
是啊,我父母觉得给我取名Leonard,让我上天才班,还不够招人恨的。

-Howard: If you're into music, I happen to be a human beat box.
你喜欢音乐吗? 我会学口技。

-Penny: Really?
真的?

-Penny: I'm actually not that into music.
其实我不是太喜欢音乐。

-Penny: So, hey, your friend's really cute. Anything going on with you two?
你那个朋友不错,你们俩是不是有点情况?

-Leonard: Leslie?
Leslie?

-Leonard: No, no.
没有。

-Leonard: What, are you kidding? He asked her out once.
怎么可能? 他约过她一次

-Sheldon: It was an embarrassing failure.
尴尬地失败了。

-Leonard: Thank you, Sheldon.
多谢,Sheldon。

-Sheldon: Oh, I'm sorry.
噢,对不起。

-Sheldon: Was that supposed to be a secret?
这个需要保密吗?

-Penny: Aw, that's too bad.
哦,太可惜了。

-Penny: You guys would make a cute couple.
你们本可以做一对甜蜜情侣。

-Rajesh: Oh, dear.
我的天。

-Howard: What's the matter?
怎么了?

-Rajesh: She didn't take my order.
她没问我点什么。

-Howard: How can she take your order?
她怎么问你?

-Howard: when you're too neurotic to talk to her?
你紧张得连话都不会说。

-Rajesh: Nevertheless, this will be reflected in her tip.
尽管如此,这将反映在她的小费上。

-Sheldon: What did Penny mean, "You would make a cute couple?"
Penny说"你们本可以做一对甜蜜情侣" 什么意思?

-Leonard: Well, I assume she meant the two of you together would constitute a couple that others might consider cute.
我想她的意思是,你们两个在一起可以组成情侣,并且令其他人觉得你们甜蜜。

-Sheldon: An alternate and somewhat less likely interpretation is that you could manufacture one.
另一个不太可能的解释是你们可以制造一对情侣。

-Sheldon: As in, "Oh, look, Leonard and Leslie made Mr. and Mrs. Goldfarb. Aren't they adorable?"
例如,"快看 Leonard和Leslie所生的 Goldfarb夫妻,是不是很可爱?"

-Leonard: If Penny didn't know that Leslie had turned me down,
如果Penny不知道Leslie拒绝过我,

then it would unambiguously mean that she, Penny, thought I should ask her,
那么这一句的所指将十分清晰即她(Penny)认为我应该追她(Leslie)。

Leslie, out indicating that she, Penny, had no interest in me asking her, Penny, out.
表明她(Penny)对于我,追求她(Penny)并无兴趣。

But, because she did know that I had asked Leslie out
但由于她知道我追过Leslie

and that she, Leslie, had turned me down, then she, Penny, could be offering consolation.
并且她(Leslie)已经拒绝我,那么她(Penny)可能只是安慰我。

"That's too bad, you would have made a cute couple..."
"真可惜,你们本来可以做一对甜蜜情侣..."

But while thinking:" Good, Leonard remains available."
并且暗想,很好,Leonard还是单身。

-Sheldon: You're a lucky man, Leonard.
你很幸运,Leonard。

-Leonard: How so?
怎么说?

-Sheldon: You're talking to one of the three men in the western hemisphere capable of following that train of thought.
听你说话的人是西半球仅有的三个能跟得上你思维的人之一。

-Leonard: Well, what do you think?
那么,你怎么看?

-Sheldon: I said I could follow it. I didn't say I care.
我只是说我能跟上,不代表我有兴趣。

-Leslie: I admire your fingering.
我很欣赏你的指法。

-Leonard: Thank you.
谢谢。

-Leslie: Maybe sometime you can try that on my instrument.
也许你可以在我的"乐器"上演练一下。

-Leslie: Good night, guys. Good job.
晚安兄弟。练得不错。

-Man: Thanks.
谢谢。

-Leslie: See you next week.
下周见。

-Leonard: That was fun, Leslie. Thanks for including me.
挺好玩的,Leslie,多谢你叫上我。

-Leslie: You're welcome.
不客气。

-Leslie: If you're up for it, we could practice that middle section again.
如果你有兴趣,我们可以练一下中间部分。

-Leonard: Sure, why not?
当然好。

-Leslie: Just so we're clear, you understand that me hanging back to practice with you
说说清楚比较好,你知不知道我留下来陪你加练。

is a pretext for letting you know that I'm sexually available.
是一个铺垫,为了让你知道我是潜在性对象。

-Leonard: Really?
真的?

-Leslie: Yeah, I'm good to go.
是的,我随时可以。

-Leonard: I thought you weren't interested in me.
我以为你对我没兴趣。

-Leslie: That was before I saw you handling that beautiful piece of wood between your legs.
那是在看到你摆弄两腿之间那块优雅的木头之前。

-Leonard: You mean my cello?
你是指大提琴?

-Leslie: No, I mean the obvious, crude, double entendre.
不,那是一个明显下流的双关。

-Leslie: I'm seducing you.
我在勾引你。

-Leonard: No kidding.
不是吧。

-Leslie: What can I say? I'm a passionate and impulsive woman.
怎么说呢?我是有激情的冲动型女人。

-Leslie: So how about it?
你说呢?

-Leonard: Gee. Uh...
这个,呃...

-Leslie: Is it the waitress?
因为那个侍应生?

-Leonard: Penny? What about her?
Penny? 她怎么了?

-Leslie: I thought I saw your pupils dilate when you looked at her.
你看她的时候瞳孔放大。

-Leslie: Which, unless you’re a heroin addict, points to sexual attraction?
这表明有性吸引力,除非是海洛因成瘾反应。

-Leonard: Well, I did have a poppy seed bagel for breakfast.
我早餐吃了一个含罂粟籽的百吉饼。

-Leonard: Which could cause a positive urine test for opiates but certainly not dilate my pupils?
可能导致鸦片碱尿检阳性,但肯定不至于扩大瞳孔。

-Leonard: So I guess there was no point in bringing it up.
所以...我不知道为什么要说起这个。

-Leslie: You and the waitress then.
你和那个侍应生。

-Leonard: No... No.
没有,没有。

-Leonard: There's nothing going on between Penny and me.
我和Penny之间没什么。

-Leslie: So you're open to a sexual relationship?
所以你可以建立性关系咯?

-Leonard: Yeah, yeah, I guess I am.
可以可以,我想。

-Leslie: Good.
好。

-Leonard: Yeah, it is. It is good.
很好。

-Leonard: Did you want to start now?
要现在就开始?

-Leslie: Why don't we finish the section first?
演完这一章吧。

-Leonard: Oh, okay.
好的。

-Leonard: A little musical foreplay. Terrific.
音乐前戏,不错。

-Leonard: I'm g-good to go.
我准备好了。

-Leslie: Me, too.
我也是。

postulate:假定,基本条件
infantry division :步兵师
augment:增加,增大
battalion :营,军队,集团
orc:【兽人】
flank:攻击侧面
Battle of Gettysburg:【葛底斯堡战役, 美国南北战争中的转折点】
Godzilla:【哥斯拉,日本卡通和电影的怪物名称】
Hulk:废船,笨重之人或物【指美国电影《绿巨人》中的人物】
Robert E. Lee:【罗伯特·李将军, 美国南北战争南军统帅】
Shiva: 【湿婆,印度教三大主神之一】
Ganesh: 【象头神, 湿婆神的大儿子】
julep:冰镇薄荷酒
cardio funk:有氧锻炼
ranch:牧场
aberration:越轨【这里是例外的意思】
string quartet: 【弦乐四重奏】
cellist:大提琴演奏家
mishap:不幸之事,灾祸,恶运
rehearse:预演,排演,预先演习
cello: 大提琴
Advanced Placement classes : 跨级班
human beat box:【口技】
alternate:交替的,轮流的【另一个】
unambiguously:明显的
fingering:用指摸弄,抚弄,捻弄【指法】
hang back:犹豫
poppy: 罂粟
bagel:百吉饼