生活大爆炸第一季第五集_3:The Hamburger Postulate

作者:admin

来源:

2013-4-22 09:29

生活大爆炸第一季第五集_3:The Hamburger Postulate

00:00

生活大爆炸第一季第五集_3:The Hamburger Postulate

-Leonard: You can stare at your board all day, Sheldon.
你就算一直瞪着写字板 Sheldon。

-Leonard: She's still going to be right.
她还是对的。

-Penny: Oh, hey, Leonard.
嘿,Leonard。

-Leonard: Oh, hi
嗨。

-Penny: So... how's it going?
那么... 如何呀?

-Leonard: Pretty good.
还好。

-Penny: Just pretty good?
只是还好?

-Penny: I'd think you were doing very good.
我觉得是很好呀。

-Leonard: Pretty, very... there's really no objective scale for delineating variations of "good. "
还 "很"... 描述"好"的变化程度,并没有客观的范围。

-Leonard: Why do you ask?
你为什么这么问?

-Penny: Well, a little bird told me that you and Leslie hooked up last night.
小鸟告诉我昨晚你跟Leslie勾搭上了。

-Leonard: Sheldon!

-Penny: So, is it serious? Do you like her?
你是来真的? 你喜欢她吗?

-Leonard: I don't...
我不...

-Leonard: Th-th-that's really two different questions.
那是两个不同的问题。

-Leonard: Uh, I'm not...
我不是...

-Leonard: Sheldon, we have to go!
Sheldon 我们得走了!

-Sheldon: Boy, you're wound awfully tight for a man who's just had sexual intercourse.
刚做完爱,你就这么赶时间?

-Penny: All right, well, I'll talk to you later, but I am so happy for you, Leonard.
迟些找你吧,真为你高兴,Leonard。

-Leonard: Thank you.
谢谢。

-Leonard: What did she mean she's happy for me?
她为我高兴是什么意思?

-Leonard: Is she happy that I'm seeing someone?
她高兴我现在有伴了?

-Leonard: Or is she happy because she thinks that I'm happy?
还是因为我开心所以她高兴?

-Leonard: Because anyone who cared for someone would want them to be happy.
如果一个人喜欢别人,就会希望那人开心吧?

-Leonard: Even if the reason for their happiness made the first person unhappy.
就算那人开心的理由让前者伤心。

-Leonard: Because the second person, though happy, is now romantically unavailable to the first person.
因为开心的后者,就不能跟前者成为情侣了。

-Sheldon: Do you realize I may have to share a Nobel Prize with your booty call?
你意识到我可能要跟你的炮友分享诺贝尔奖吗?

-Leonard: You know what?
你知道吗?

-Leonard: I'm being ridiculous.
我真可笑。

Who cares what Penny thinks?
谁在乎Penny怎么想?

Leslie is a terrific girl.
Leslie是个很棒的女孩。

She's attractive.
漂亮。

We like each other.
我们喜欢对方。

She's extremely intelligent...
她还超级聪明。

-Sheldon: She's not that intelligent.
哪有很聪明。

-Leonard: She fixed your equation.
她改好了你的公式。

-Sheldon: She got lucky. You don't believe in luck.
那是走运,你根本不相信运气这种事。

-Leonard: I don't have to believe in it for her to be lucky.
我不信,但她也可以走运。

Regardless, I have a chance at a real relationship with Leslie.
我跟Leslie可能有机会恋爱。

I'm not going to pass that up for some hypothetical future of happiness with a woman
我不会放弃这段感情的,而只为了跟一个可能希望,也可能不希望我和别人开心的女人。

who may or may not want me to be happy, with a woman who is currently making me happy.
拥有一段假想的幸福未来,而现在那个别人已经让我很开心了。

-Sheldon: Leonard...
Leonard...

-Leonard: Yeah?
啊?

-Sheldon: I still don't care.
我还是没兴趣。

-Leonard: Hey, Leslie.
嗨,Leslie。

-Leslie: Careful, Leonard.
小心,Leonard。

Liquid nitrogen,320 degrees below zero.
液氮,华氏零下320度。

-Leonard: Why are smashing a flash-frozen banana?
你为什么要砸碎速冻香蕉?

-Leslie: Because I got a bowl of Cheerios and I couldn't find a knife. Oh.
我有碗谷物早餐,又找不到刀子。

-Leonard: So anyway... Hello.
那么...你好。

Uh, what are you doing?
你在干嘛?

-Leonard: Just extending the intimacy.
跟你亲近一下。

-Leonard: Hey, do you want to slip over to the radiation lab and share a decontamination shower?
想溜进辐射实验室,一起洗个去污澡吗?

-Leslie: Okay, uh, what exactly do you think's going on between us?
你觉得我们俩之间发生了什么事?

-Leonard: I'm not sure, but I think I'm about to discover how the banana felt.
不知道,不过我可能就要,知道那香蕉什么感觉了。

-Leslie: Listen, Leonard, neither of us are neuroscientists, but we both understand the biochemistry of sex.
Leonard,我们都不是神经学家,但是都了解性的生物化学原理。

I mean, dopamine in our brains is released across synapses, causing pleasure.
脑中的多巴胺在神经键中释放,造成快感。

You stick electrodes in a rat's brain; give him an orgasm button,
在老鼠大脑里置入电极,再给它安个高潮按键,

he'll push that thing until he starves to death.
它会一直按着那个键直到死。

-Leonard: Well, who wouldn't?
谁不会呢?

-Leslie: Well, the only difference between us and the rat is that you can't stick an electrode in our hypothalamus.
我们跟老鼠的区别就在于无法在我们视丘下部置入电极

That's where you come in.
所以你就派上用场了。

-Leonard: Yeah, well, I'm just glad to be a part of it.
很高兴能起到作用。

-Leonard: So what happens now?
那么现在如何?

-Leslie: Well, I don't know about your sex drive, but I'm probably good till New Year's.
不知道你性欲多强烈,但我到新年之前应该都够了。

-Leonard: Oh. Okay. Thank you.
好吧,谢谢。

-Leslie: Thank you.
谢谢你。

-Leonard: You want to make plans for New Year's?
要订新年的计划吗?

-Leslie: Whoa, Leonard, please. You're smothering me.
Leonard 拜托了,你逼得我喘不过气来。

-Leonard: Oh. Sorry.
抱歉。

-Howard: Hey, look. It's Dr. Stud!
瞧瞧,这不是种马博士吗!

-Leonard: Dr. What?
什么博士?

-Howard: The blogosphere is a-buzzing with news of youand Leslie Winkle making eine kleine bang-bang music.
博客界的人都因为你跟Leslie奏响的嘿休小夜曲兴奋不已呢!

-Leonard: What? How did it get on the Internet?
这事怎么传上互联网的?

-Howard: I put it there.
我放上去的。

-Leonard: Well, how did you know about it?
你怎么知道的?

-Rajesh: A little bird told us.
小鸟告诉我们的。

Apparently, you are a magnificent beast.
显然你是了不起的野兽

-Leonard: That part's true.
那倒是真的。

-Sheldon: You know, I think I may have misjudged this restaurant.
我想我给这家餐厅的评价错了。

-Leonard: No kidding.
不是吧。

-Sheldon: I don't want to go out on a limb,
我不想冒险。

-Sheldon: but I think we may be looking at my new Tuesday hamburger.
但我可能找到了新的周二汉堡包。

-Leonard: Your old Tuesday hamburger will be so brokenhearted.
原来的周二汉堡会很伤心的。

-Sheldon: Way ahead of you.
早想到了。

-Sheldon: I was thinking of moving Big Boy to Thursdays, and just dropping Souplantation.
我想把"大胖汉堡"挪到周四,放弃"汤植园" (一家自助餐厅)

-Leonard: Really? Yeah.
真的?对。

-Sheldon: The name always confused me anyway.
我总是搞不懂这名字。

-Sheldon: Souplantation.
汤植园。

-Sheldon: You can't grow soup.
汤可没法种植出来。

-Penny: So, how's everything?
如何呀?

-Sheldon: Mmm! Terrific.
棒极了。

-Sheldon: You'll be happy to know that I plan to come here every Tuesday night
for the foreseeable future.
在可预见的将来,我打算每周二晚上都来这你开心吧

-Penny: Really? Oh, yay!
真的? 太好了~

-Sheldon: Who do I speak to about permanently reserving this table?
如果要永久订下这张台要跟谁谈?

-Penny: Um... I don't know... a psychiatrist?
不知道,心理医生吧?

-Penny: So, hey, how are things with you and Leslie?
嘿,你和Leslie如何?

-Leonard: Oh, to be honest, I don't think it's going to work out.
说实话,我看没戏。

-Penny: Oh. Oh, that's too bad.
啊,太糟了。

-Penny: Well, hey, don't worry.
别担心。

-Penny: I'm sure there's someone out there who's just right for you.
我相信会有合适你的人的。

-Leonard: What did she mean by that?!
她那么说什么意思?

-Leonard: Was that just a generic platitude,
是习惯性的说词?

-Leonard: or was that a subtle bid for attention?
还是巧妙地在吸引我的注意?

-Sheldon: You know why this hamburger surpasses the Big Boy?
你知道这个比大胖汉堡强的原因吗?

-Sheldon: This is a single-decker hamburger, whereas the Big Boy is a double-decker.
这是单层的,大胖汉堡是双层。

-Sheldon: This has a much more satisfying meat-to-bun-to-condiment ratio.
这个汉堡的肉,面包和调料的比例,更令人满意。

-Leonard: Are you even listening to me?
你在听我说话吗?

-Sheldon: Of course, I'm listening.
当然,在听。

-Sheldon: Blah, blah, hopeless Penny delusion, blah, blah, blah.
废话+关于Penny无望的幻想+废话

-Leonard: Okay, then.
那好吧。

-Leonard: You know, you can grow the ingredients for soup.
你知道,汤的配料是可以种植的。

delineate:描绘
pass up:放弃
hypothetical:假设的
smother:使…喘不过气
go out on a limb:孤立无援的境地