生活大爆炸第一季第六集_1:The Middle Earth Paradigm

作者:admin

来源:

2013-4-22 09:35

生活大爆炸第一季第六集_1:The Middle Earth Paradigm

00:00

生活大爆炸第一季第六集_1:The Middle Earth Paradigm

-Rajesh: Okay, if no one else will say I will. We really suck at paintball.
好吧,如果没人说那就我来说。我们在彩弹比赛中的表现实在太差了!

-Howard: That was absolutely humiliating.
真是太丢人了。

-Leonard: Oh, come on! Some battles you win, some battles you lose.
好啦!有时候你会赢,有时候你会输嘛。

-Rajesh: Yes, but you don't have to lose to Kyle Burnsteen Bar Mitzvah Party.
(Hebrew: "son of the commandment"; which a Jewish boy automatically becomes upon
reaching the age of 13)
是的,但你没必要输给一帮凯恩斯威尔的Bar Mitzvah (希伯来人: "son of the commandment"; 一个生来就是13岁的犹太男孩)。

-Leonard: I think we have to acknowledge, those was some fairly savage pre-adolescent Jews.
我想我们必须明白,他们是一些相当野性的青春期前期犹太人。

[they lost to a group of kids...]
[他们输给了一群小孩子...]

-Sheldon: No, we were annihilated by our own incompetence and the inability of some people to follow the chain of command.
不,我们是被自己的不在状态弄死的,有些人没能力跟上指令。

-Leonard: Sheldon, let it go!
Sheldon, 让它去吧!

-Sheldon: No, I want to talk about the fact that Wolowitz shot me in the back.
不,我想说的事实是,Wolowitz射了我的背!

-Howard: I shot you for good reason. You were leading us into disaster!
我射你有很好的理由。你把我们领向了灾难!

-Sheldon: I was giving clear, concise orders.
我给出了清晰而又简明的指令

-Leonard: You hid behind a tree yelling, "Get the kid in the yarmulke! Get the kid in the
yarmulke!" (a small circular cap worn by Jewish men)
你躲在一棵树后面叫“对付那个带亚莫克便帽的小子,对付那个带亚莫克便帽的小子“ (犹太男子或男孩戴的一种无边便帽)

-Penny: Oh, hey, guys.
哦,嘿,朋友们

-Men:Oh, hello. Hey.
哦, 你好. 嘿.

-Howard: Morning, madam.
早,小姐.

-Penny: So, how was paintball? Did you have fun?
那么, 彩弹怎么样? 你们玩得开心伐?

-Sheldon: Sure, if you consider being fragged by your own troops fun.
当然,如果你觉得被自己队伍的人杀掉很有趣的话。

You clear space on your calendar - there will be an inquiry.
把你们的日程安排好,有事要找你们

-Penny: Hey, I'm having a party on Saturday, so if you guys are around, you should come on by.
周六我这儿有一个聚会,如果你们到时候在这里的话,你们应该过来

-Leonard: A party?
一个聚会?

-Penny: Yeah.
是的.

-Howard: A... "boy-girl" party?
一个... "男孩-女孩" 聚会?

-Penny: Well, there will be boys and there will be girls and it is a party, so...
对, 会有些男孩子。而且也会有女孩,并且它是一个聚会,所以......

It'll be a bunch of my friends. We'll have some beer, do a little dancing...
到时有些我的朋友来。我们会喝点啤酒,跳跳舞之类......

-Sheldon: Dancing?
跳舞?

-Leonard: Yeah, I don't know, Penny...
是的, 我不知道, Penny...

-Sheldon: The thing is, we're not...
事情是,我们不...

-Leonard: No, we're really more of a... No.
不,我们更多是... 不.

But thanks. Thanks for thinking of us.
但谢谢。谢谢你邀请我们。

-Penny: Are you sure? Come on, it's Halloween.
你确定伐? 来吧,是万圣节嘛。

-Sheldon: A Halloween party?
万圣节聚会?

-Howard: As in... costumes?
是不是......需要化妆的那种?

-Penny: Well, yeah.
嗯, 是吧.

-Leonard: Is there a theme?
有没有什么主题?

-Penny: Uh... Yeah, Halloween.
恩... 是啊, 万圣节.

-Sheldon: Yes, but are the costumes random, or genre-specific?
是的, 但是是随意装扮,还是有什么特别的类型?

-Penny: As usual, I'm not following.
跟往常一样,我不太明白。

-Leonard: He's asking if we can come as anyone from science fiction, fantasy...
他是在问我们是否能打扮成科幻或非现实中的人物......

-Penny: Sure.
当然

-Sheldon: What about comic books?
那漫画书呢?

-Penny: Fine.
可以啊。

-Sheldon: Anime?
日本动漫?

-Penny: of course.
当然当然。

-Sheldon: TV, film, D&D, manga, Greek gods, Roman gods, Norse gods...
电视,电影,古希腊众神, 古罗马众神, 古挪威众神...

-Penny: Anything you want! Okay? Any costume you want.
什么都可以! 好吗?什么角色都可以。

-Penny: Bye.
再见。

-Howard: Gentlemen, to the sewing machines.
先生们,找缝纫机。

-Leonard: I'll get it. Oh, no!
我来开。噢, 不!

-Sheldon: Oh, no!
噢, 不!

-Rajesh: Make way for the fastest man alive! Oh, no!
给最快的人一条路走! 噢, 不!

-Sheldon: See, this is why I wanted to have a costume meeting.
看到吧,所以我希望开一个关于扮演角色的会

-Leonard: We all have other costumes. We can change.
我们都有别的扮演角色——我们可以换的。

-Rajesh: Or we could walk right behind each other all night
或者我们可以整晚跟在每个人后面走

-Rajesh: and look like one person going really fast.
看上去像是一个人走得非常快

-Howard: No, no, no. It's a boy-girl party, this Flash runs solo.
不, 不, 不.这是一个男孩女孩聚会, 但闪电侠独来独往。

-Leonard: Okay. How about this? Nobody gets to be The Flash. We all change. Agreed?
好吧,那这个怎么样? 没人扮演闪电侠. 我们都改,同意吗?

-Men: Agreed.
同意

-Leonard: I call Frodo!
我演Frodo!

-Men: Damn!
该死!

-Rajesh: Sorry I'm late, but my hammer got stuck in the door on the bus.
对不起我迟到了,但我的锤子被公车车门夹住了。

-Leonard: You went with Thor?
你扮演雷神?

-Rajesh: What? Just because I'm Indian I can't be a Norse god?
什么?就因为我是印度人我就不能是雷神?

No-no-no. Raj has to be an Indian god. That's racism.
不不不. Raj才是印度的神. 那是种族主义

I mean, look at Wolowitz.
我的意思是,看看Wolowitz.

He's not English, but he's dressed like Peter Pan.
他不是英国人, 但他穿得像Peter Pan.

Sheldon is neither sound nor light, but he's obviously the Doppler effect.
Sheldon既没声音也没光,但他显然是多普勒效应。

-Howard: I'm not Peter Pan.
我不是Peter Pan.

-Howard: I'm Robin Hood.
我是Robin Hood.

-Rajesh: Really? Because I saw Peter Pan, and you're dressed exactly like Cathy Rigby.
是么?因为我看过Peter Pan, 而你穿得跟Cathy Rigby一模一样.

She was a little bigger than you, but it's basically the same look, man.
她比你稍大一些, 但基本上是一样的,朋友。

-Leonard: Sheldon there's something I want to talk to you about before we go to the party.
Sheldon,在去聚会之前我有些话想跟你说。

-Sheldon: I don't care if anybody gets it.
我不介意有人知道。

I'm going as the Doppler effect.
我准备扮演多普勒效应。

-Leonard: No, it's not that.
不,不是指那个。

-Sheldon: If I have to, I can demonstrate. Mew~
如果有必要,我可以示范。Mew~

-Leonard: Terrific.
完美.

This party is my first chance for Penny to see me in the context of her social group, and...
这次聚会时我第一次有机会让Penny看到我。在她的社交圈里,所以

-Leonard: and I need you not to embarrass me tonight.
我要你别在今晚丢我的脸。

-Sheldon: What exactly do you mean by "embarrass you"?
别丢你的脸是什么意思?

-Leonard: For example, tonight, no one needs to know that my middle name is Leakey.
比如说,今晚没人需要知道我的中间名是Leakey。

-Sheldon: But there's nothing embarrassing about that.
但这没什么丢脸的。

Your father worked with Louis Leakey, a great anthropologist.
你爸爸为Louis Leakey工作, 一个伟大的人类学者。

Had nothing to do with your bed-wetting.
跟你尿床一点关系也没有。

-Leonard: All I'm saying is that this party is the perfect opportunity for Penny to see me as a member of her peer group, a potential close friend, and perhaps more.
我想说的是这个聚会是个很好的机会让Penny把我看成她交往群中的一员一个潜在的密友,或更进一步。

And I don't want to look like a dork.
所以我不想被看成是一个蠢蛋。

-Howard: Just a heads up, fellas. If anyone gets lucky, I've got a dozen condoms in my quiver.
打起精神,伙计们。如果有谁走运,在我的箭筒里有一打避孕套

-Penny: Hey, guys.
嘿, 男孩们.

-Leonard: Hey. Sorry we're late.
嘿. 对不起我们来晚了。

-Penny: Late? It's 7:05.
晚? 现在才7:05.

-Sheldon: You said the party starts at 7:00.
你说这聚会是7:00开始.

-Penny: Yeah, I mean, when you start a party at 7:00, no one shows up at, you know, 7:00.
是的,我的意思是,当你说7:00开始一个聚会时,没人会, 你知道, 7:00准时出现的.

-Sheldon: It's 7:05.
可现在是7:05了.

-Penny: Yes. Yes, it is.
是的. 是的, 是的。

Okay. Well, um, come on in.
好吧. 行了,嗯, 进来吧.

-Howard: So, what, are all the girls in the bathroom?
所以, 那么, 是不是所有的女孩子都在洗手间里?

-Penny: Probably, but in their own homes.
可能是, 但是是在她们自己家的.

-Sheldon: So, what time does the costume parade start?
那么, 到底什么时候开始角色提名?

-Penny: The parade?
提名?

-Sheldon: Yeah, so the judges can give out the prizes for best costume.
是啊, 然后评判人可以颁出最佳角色扮演奖

You know, most frightening, most authentic, most accurate visualization of a scientific principle.
比如,最令人恐惧奖,最具真实感奖,最准确科学原理视觉表现奖

-Penny: Oh, Sheldon, I'm sorry, but there aren't going to be any parades or judges or prizes.
No! 哦, Sheldon, 不好意思,但今天不会有任何提名或者评判或者颁奖

-Sheldon: This party is just going to suck.
这个聚会正变得无趣

-Penny: Come on, it's going to be fun, and you all look great. I mean, look at you, Thor, and, oh, Peter Pan. That's so cute.
不! 别这样,会很有趣的,你们都看上去很不错我是说,看看你,雷神,而你, 哦,Peter Pan. 真可爱。

-Leonard: Actually, Penny, he's Robin Hood.
事实上, Penny, 他是Robin Hood.

-Howard: I'm Peter Pan.
我是Peter Pan.

And I got a handful of pixie dust with your name on it.
我有些带着你名字的精灵尘

-Penny: No, you don't. Hey, what's Sheldon supposed to be?
不,你没有。嘿, Sheldon应该算什么?

-Leonard: Oh, he's the Doppler effect.
噢, 他是多普勒效应

-Sheldon: Yes. It's the apparent change in the frequency of a wave caused by relative motion between the source of the wave and the observer.
是的. 是一种波动频率的显著变化由波源和观察者的相对运动引起

-Penny: Oh, sure, I see it now. The Doppler effect.
噢, 当然, 我现在明白了.多普勒效应.

All right, I got to shower.
好了,我要去洗个澡

You guys... make yourselves comfortable.
你们,随便玩吧

-Leonard: Okay.


-Sheldon: See? People get it.
看见了吗?别人能懂.

annihilate:消减,废止
random:随意,任意
genre:类型
Thor:【古挪威雷神,有锤,能产生闪电】
Doppler effect:【多普勒效应】