生活大爆炸第一季第六集_2:The Middle Earth Paradigm

作者:admin

来源:

2013-4-23 09:37

生活大爆炸第一季第六集_2:The Middle Earth Paradigm

00:00

生活大爆炸第一季第六集_2:The Middle Earth Paradigm

-Rajesh: By Odin's beard, this is good Chex Mix.
奥丁的胡子,这是不错的早餐混合物.

-Howard: No, thanks. Peanuts.
不,谢谢. 花生.

I can't afford to swell up in these tights.
我穿的衣服太紧了,承受不住膨胀。

-Sheldon: I'm confused. If there's no costume parade, what are we doing here?
我糊涂了。如果没有角色扮演提名,我们在这干嘛?

-Leonard: We're socializing, meeting new people.
我们在社交,认识新朋友。

-Sheldon: Telepathically?
心灵感应?

-Penny: Oh, hey, when did you get here?
哦, 嗨, 你们什么时候来的?

Penny is wearing the worst Catwoman costume I've ever seen.
Penny是我见过的打扮最糟的猫女

And that includes Halle Berry's.
也包括Halle Berry的打扮

-Leonard: She's not Catwoman. She's just a generic cat.
她不是猫女,她就是一只普通的猫。

-Sheldon: And that's the kind of sloppy costuming which results from a lack of rules and competition.
这种角色扮演太马虎了,因为缺乏规则和竞争

-Howard: Hey, guys, check out the sexy nurse.
喂, 伙计们, 看那个性感护士

I believe it's time for me to turn my head and cough.
我想是到了我该转头咳嗽的时候了。

-Rajesh: What is your move?
你干嘛这么动?

-Howard: I'm going to use the mirror technique.
我准备用镜像技术

She brushes her hair back, I brush my hair back...
她向后甩头,我也向后甩头

She shrugs, I shrug. Subconsciously she's thinking,
她,我也耸肩,她会想

We're in sync. We belong together.
我们是同步的。我们属于彼此。

-Leonard: Where do you get this stuff?
你从哪学来的?

-Howard: You know, psychology journals, internet research, and there's this great show on VH-1 about how to pick up girls.
告诉你, 心理学杂志, 互联网研究,在VH-1上有个很好的节目关于怎么去钓姑娘的

-Rajesh: If only I had his confidence!
如果我有他的自信就好了.

I have such difficulty speaking to women, or around women... or at times even effeminate men.
我跟女人说话太难了. 或是被女人围着...... 或只是些女里女气的男人.

-Howard: If that's a working stethoscope, maybe you'd like to hear my heart skip a beat?
如果有个听诊器,也许你想听听我已经停止的心跳.

-Woman A: No, thanks.
不。谢谢。

-Howard: No, seriously, you can. I have transient idiopathic arrhythmia.
不, 认真的说, 你是可以的. 我有暂时性突发心律失常.

-Leonard: I want to get to know Penny's friends, I just...
我想认识些Penny的朋友, 我就是...

I don't know how to talk to these people.
我就是不知道该怎么和这些人说话

-Sheldon: Well, I actually might be able to help.
其实,实际上我可以提供些帮助。

-Leonard: How so?
怎么做?

-Sheldon: Like Jane Goodall observing the apes, I initially saw their interactions as confusing and unstructured.
就像Jane Goodall 观察大猩猩, 一开始我看到他们的交互是令人困惑和杂乱的。

But patterns emerge.
但模式开始显现出来。

They have their own language, if you will.
他们有他们自己的语言, 如果你想了解。

-Leonard: Go on.
继续.

-Sheldon: Well, it seems that the newcomer approaches the existing group with the greeting, "How wasted am I?" which is met with an approving chorus of, Dude.
好,看起来当新来者接近已存在的群体时。会这样打招呼,“我是不是看上去很醉了?“然后会听到很多赞许的声音,"花花公子".

-Leonard: Then what happens?
然后呢?

-Sheldon: That's as far as I've gotten.
我只了解这些。

-Leonard: This is ridiculous.
真是莫名其妙

I'm jumping in.
我要加入进去了。

-Sheldon: Good luck.
祝你好运。

-Leonard: No, you're coming with me.
不,你跟着我。

-Sheldon: Oh, I hardly think so.
不,我想还是不要了。

-Leonard: Come on.
来吧

-Sheldon: Aren't you afraid I'll embarrass you?
你不是怕我让你丢脸?

-Leonard: Yes, but I need a wing man.
是的,但我需要一个翅膀男。

-Sheldon: All right, but if we're going to use flight metaphors,
好吧,但如果我们准备用飞行做比喻的话。

I'm much more suited to being the guy from the FAA analyzing wreckage.
我更适合成为FAA分析失事人员。

-Woman B:Ah, hi.
啊, 嗨..

-Sheldon: hi.
嗨。

-Leonard: hello.
你好.

-Woman B:So what are you supposed to be?
那么你是什么?

-Sheldon: Me? I'll give you a hint.
我? 我给你点暗示.

Mew~
Mew~

-Woman B:A choo-choo train?
一个火车头?

-Sheldon: Close!
差不多了。

Mew~
Mew~

-Woman B:A brain damaged choo-choo train?
一个脑壳坏掉的火车头?

-Woman C:How wasted am I?
我是不是看上去很醉?

-Sheldon: Mew~
Mew~

-Woman D: I still don't get it.
我还是不知道.

-Sheldon: I'm the Doppler effect.
我是多普勒效应。

-Woman D: Okay, if that's some sort of learning disability,
好了,如果那算是什么学习障碍,

I think it's very insensitive.
我觉得这很难对上.

-Leonard: Why don't you just tell people you're a zebra?
为什么不直接告诉大家你是头斑马?

-Sheldon: Why don't you just tell people you're one of the seven dwarves?
为什么不直接告诉人们你是七个小矮人之一?

-Leonard: Because I'm Frodo.
因为我是Frodo.

-Sheldon: Yes, well, I'm the Doppler effect.
是的,那么,我是多普勒效应.

-Leonard: Oh, No.
哦, 不.

-Sheldon: What?
什么?

-Leonard: That's Penny's ex-boyfriend.
那是Penny的前男友

-Sheldon: What do you suppose he's doing here?
你觉得他来这里干嘛?

Besides disrupting the local gravity field.
除了扰乱本地重力场.

-Leonard: If he were any bigger, he'd have moons orbiting him.
如果他再大些,就能让月亮绕着他转了。

-Sheldon: Oh, snap.
哦, 干脆.

So, I guess we'll be leaving now.
所以,我想我们该走了.

-Leonard: Why should we leave?
为什么我们要走?

For all we know he crashed the party and Penny doesn't even want him here.
我们都知道他搞砸了聚会而Penny根本不希望他在这

-Sheldon: You have a backup hypothesis?
你有别的什么假设么?

-Leonard: Maybe they just want to be friends.
也许他们只是想变成朋友

-Sheldon: Or maybe she wants to be friends and he wants something more.
或者她想变成朋友而他想要更多的

-Leonard: Then he and I are on equal ground.
那么他和我是在同一个起点

-Sheldon: Yes, but you're much closer to it than he is.
是的,但你比他更接近那个起点

-Leonard: Look, if this was 1,500 years ago, by virtue of his size and strength, Kurt would be entitled to his choice of female partners.
你说,如果这是在1500年前根据他的尺寸和力量,Kurt有资格选择他想要的女人。

-Sheldon: And male partners, animal partners, large primordial eggplants
和男人,动物,巨型原始茄子。

-Sheldon: pretty much whatever tickled his fancy.
越漂亮越合他意

-Leonard: Yes, but our society has undergone a paradigm shift.
是的,但我们的社会已经经历了转变。

In the Information Age, Sheldon, you and I are the alpha males.
在信息时代,Sheldon, 你和我就是大男子主义者。

-Leonard: We shouldn't have to back down.
我们应该不必倒退到过去

-Sheldon: True. Why don't you text him that and see if he backs down?
对。为什么你不给他发条消息看看他是不是倒退回去?

-Leonard: No. I'm going to assert my dominance face-to-face.
不。我准备面对面地坚持我的优势。

-Sheldon: Face-to-face? Are you going to wait for him to sit down, or are you going to stand on the coffee table?
面对面?你准备等着他坐下,还是你准备站到咖啡桌上去?

-Leonard: Hello, Penny. Hello, Kurt.
你好, Penny. 你好, Kurt.

-Penny: Hey, guys, are you having a good time?
嘿, 伙计们, 玩得开心伐?

-Sheldon: Given the reaction to my costume, this party is a scathing indictment of the American education system.
如果是说对我扮相的反应,这个聚会是对美国教育体系的一次严厉控诉。

-Kurt: What, you're a zebra, right?
那么,你是头斑马,对么?

-Sheldon: Yet another child left behind.
现在又有一个小孩落在了后面。

-Kurt: What are you supposed to be, an elf?
你又是什么,一个小精灵?

-Leonard: No, I'm a hobbit.
不,我是一个霍比人。

-Kurt: What's the difference?
有什么区别?

-Leonard: A hobbit is a mortal halfling inhabitant of Middle Earth, whereas an elf is an immortal, tall warrior.
霍比人是中古时期的模子比较小的人类。而精灵不是人类,高武士。

-Kurt: So why the hell would you want to be a hobbit?
那么为什么你想成为一个霍比人?

-Leonard: Because he's neither tall nor immortal, and none of us could be the Flash.
因为他既不高也不是非人类,而且我们不可以扮演闪电侠。

-Kurt: Well, whatever. Why don't you go hop off on a quest?
好吧,随便了,为什么你们不到别处转转?

I'm talking to Penny here.
我正在这儿和Penny说话。

-Leonard: I think we're all talking to Penny here.
我想我们都在这儿和Penny说话。

-Sheldon: I'm not. No offense.
我没有。无意冒犯。

telepathically:心灵感应地
effeminate:女人气的
stethoscope:听诊器
transient idiopathic arrhythmia:暂时性突发心律失常
primordial:原始的
eggplants:茄子
hop off:走开