《罗马假日》经典电影台词

作者:admin

来源:

2014-11-6 14:48

《罗马假日》经典电影台词

《罗马假日》(Roman Holiday)是1953年由美国派拉蒙公司拍摄的浪漫爱情片,故事讲述了一位欧洲某公国的公主与一个美国记者之间在意大利罗马一天之内发生的浪漫故事。

影片由格利高里·派克和奥黛丽·赫本联袂主演,取得了巨大的成功,成为好莱坞黑白电影的经典之作。奥黛丽·赫本也因该片获得了她一生最重要的奖项——奥斯卡最佳女主角奖。电影上映后,片名成为很多商号争抢的名字,也有用罗马假日作为品牌的摩托车。

(可爱的安妮公主在访问罗马期间,厌烦繁琐的皇家生活。她在床上发泄不满,而伯爵夫人毫不体谅地向她汇报明天的工作议程。)

ANN: (brushing her hair) I hate this nightgown. I hate all my nightgowns. And I hate all my underwear too.
安妮: (梳着头发)我讨厌这件睡袍。我讨厌所有的睡袍。我同样讨厌我的内衣。

COUNTESS: My dear, you have lovely things.
伯爵夫人:亲爱的,你有很多可爱的东西。

ANN: But I'm not two hundred years old! (Dropping down on the bed) Why can't I sleep in pyjamas?
安妮: 但我可没有两百岁大!(倒在床上) 为什么我不能穿着松睡衣睡觉?

COUNTESS: (looking up as she folds the sheets into place) Pyjamas!
伯爵夫人:(折叠着床单抬起头)松睡衣!

ANN: (Just) the top half. Did you know there are people who sleep with absolutely nothing on at all?
安妮: 仅露出上头。你知道有些人裸体而睡吗?

COUNTESS: (opening the window) I rejoice to say that I did not.
伯爵夫人:(打开窗子)我很庆幸地说,我不知道。

ANN: (lying against the headboard, smiling as she hears distant music coming in through the window) Listen.
安妮:(靠着床头板躺着,微笑地听着从窗外传来的音乐)听。

COUNTESS: Oh, and your slippers. Please put on your slippers and come away at the window. Your milk and crackers.
伯爵夫人: 嗨,你的拖鞋。 快穿上拖鞋,离开窗户。 你的牛奶和饼干在这里。

ANN: (taking the tray; as the Countess helps her pull the covers over her) Everything we do is so wholesome【有营养的】.
安妮:(拿着托盘,伯爵夫人为她取开盖子) 我们所有的一切都是有益健康的。

COUNTESS: They'll help you to sleep.
伯爵夫人:它们有助睡眠。

ANN: (stubbornly) I'm too tired to sleep-- can't sleep a wink【瞬间】.
安妮:(倔强地) 我累得反而一点都睡不着。

COUNTESS: Now my dear, if you don't mind tomorrow's schedule--or schedule whichever you prefer-- both are correct. Eight thirty, breakfast here with the Embassy staff; nine o'clock, we leave for the Polinory Automotive Works where you'll be presented with a small car.
伯爵夫人:哦,亲爱的,你喜欢明天的日程安排么,或者说你喜欢哪个—两个都不错。八点半,和使馆人员共进早餐;九点, 参观波利若里汽车工厂,你将获赠一部小汽车。

ANN: (disinterested; absently playing with a napkin)Thank you.
安妮:(心不在焉地玩着餐巾)谢谢。

COUNTESS: Which you will not accept?
伯爵夫人:你会拒绝哪一个?

ANN: No, thank you.
安妮:不,谢谢。

COUNTESS: Ten thirty-five, inspection of Food and Agricultural Organization will present you with an olive【橄榄】 tree.
伯爵夫人: 十点三十五,视察农产品组织,你会被赠上一棵橄榄树。

ANN: No, thank you.
安妮: 不,谢谢。

COUNTESS: Which you (will) accept?
伯爵夫人: 你答应吗?

ANN: Thank you.
安妮: 谢谢。

COUNTESS: Ten fifty-five, the Newfoundling Home For Orphans. You will preside over the laying of the cornerstone; same speech as last Monday.
伯爵夫人: 十点五十五,到新建孤儿院。你将主持奠基典礼,和上次一样的演讲。

ANN: Trade relations?
安妮: 贸易关系?

COUNTESS: Yes.
伯爵夫人: 对。

ANN: (chewing a cracker) For the orphans?
安妮:(吃着一块饼干)为孤儿的那次?

COUNTESS: No, no, the other one.
伯爵夫人: 不,另一次。

ANN: "Youth and progress".
安妮: “青少年与发展“。

COUNTESS: Precisely. Eleven forty-five, back here to rest. No, that's wrong... eleven forty-five, conference here with the press.
伯爵夫人: 很对,十一点四十五,回到这里休息。 哦,搞错了,十一点四十五在这里举行记者招待会。

ANN: "Sweetness and decency".
安妮: “甜美与高雅“。

更多精彩请去第二页

#p#副标题#e#

COUNTESS: One o'clock sharp, lunch with the Foreign Ministry. You will wear your white lace and carry a small bouquet of very small pink roses. Three-o-five, presentation of a plaque【匾;铭牌】. Four-ten, review special guard of Police. Four forty-five,back here to change to your uniform to meet the international...
伯爵夫人: 一点整,和外交大臣共进午餐,你将戴上你的白色项链,捧着一束粉红色的玫瑰。三点零五分,授匾。四点十分, 检阅特别护卫队。 四点四十五,回来换上制服接见国际……

ANN: (screaming at the Countess) STOP!!! (Looking away, her hair covering her face) Please stop! stop...!
安妮:(对着伯爵夫人尖叫)停下!(移开视线,头发遮脸)请停下来!别说了!

COUNTESS: (retrieving the tray) It's alright, dear, it didn't spill.
伯爵夫人:(收回托盘)做得好,亲爱的,牛奶没有溢出来。

spill 除了指液体的“溢出“外,还通常引申为消息的“泄漏、告知“。

如:You must get something in your mind, why don't spill it.
你一定有什么心事,为什么不告诉我?

常与它连用的短语有:spill out ; spill the beans

一句经典谚语:It's no use crying over spilt milk.
不要对着打翻了的牛奶哭泣(后悔是没有用的)。

ANN: I don't care if it's spilled or not. I don't care if I'm drown in it (throws her head into the pillow)!
安妮: 我不管溢不溢出来。我不管会不会溺死于此(她把头钻进被窝里)。

COUNTESS: (putting her hands on her shoulders to comfort her) My dear, you're ill. I'll send for Doctor Bonnachoven.
伯爵夫人:(把她的头放在肩上安慰她)亲爱的,你生病了,我会叫鲍那乔文医生过来。

ANN: (turning over, facing the opposite way) I don't want Doctor Bonnachoven; please let me die in peace!
安妮:(转过头,背对着她)我不见鲍那乔文医生,让我安静地死去吧!

COUNTESS: You're not dying.
伯爵夫人: 你不会死的。

ANN: (facing the Countess) Leave me.
安妮:(看着伯爵夫人)别理我。

通常为leave sb. alone 意为“走开,别打扰“。

如:Don't try to interfere in my affairs, please leave me alone.
别试图干涉我的事, 不要你管。(超级口语佳句)

COUNTESS: It's nerves,control yourself, Ann.
伯爵夫人: 你一定是神经出了问题,镇静点,安妮。

ANN: (throwing herself on the pillow, beating it with her fist) I don't want to!
安妮: (倒在枕头上,拳头乱捶) 我不要。

COUNTESS: (standing up straight, speaking with authority) Your Highness. I'll get Doctor Bonnachoven.
伯爵夫人:(笔直站起,命令地说)公主殿下,我去叫鲍那乔文医生。

ANN: (looking up as she leaves) It's no use, I'll be dead before he gets here.
安妮:(抬头看着她离去) 没有用的,在他来之前,我就会死掉。

(安妮公主在逃出使馆后,由于药性发作,睡落街头,恰巧被经过此地的本片男主角Joe,一家晚报记者,碰见。 )

JOE: Hey! hey, hey,... Hey, wake up!
乔: 嗨!嗨……醒醒!

ANN: Thank you very much, delighted.
安妮:谢谢,真高兴。

JOE: Wake up.
乔: 醒醒。

ANN: No, thank you. Charmed.
安妮:不,谢谢。幸会。

charmed 为上层社会礼节用语, 体现说话人的高贵地位。 和一般情况下的pleased 意思一样。

如:I'm charmed/ pleased to meet you. 很荣幸见到你。

JOE: Charmed too.
乔:很荣幸。

ANN: You may sit down.
安妮:赐坐。

JOE: I think you'd better sit up, much too young to get picked up by the police.
乔: 我想你最好坐起来, 警察不会把你抓起来的,你太小了。

ANN: Police?
安妮:警察?

JOE: Yep, police.
乔:是的,警—察。

ANN: Two-fifteen and back here to change. Two forty-five...
安妮:噢,2点15分回来换装……2点45分……

JOE: You know, people who can't handle liquor shouldn't drink it.
乔: 你知道,没什么酒量的人就不该喝酒。

ANN: "If I were dead and buried and I heard your voice beneath the sod my heart of dust would still rejoice." Do you know that poem?
安妮:“哪怕我已死去,被安葬,尘土之下的心也会为听到你的声音而欢悦。“你知道这首诗吗?

JOE: Huh, what do you know? (Sitting down) You're well-read, well-dressed; you're snoozing away in a public street. Would you care to make a statement?
乔: 你知道吗?(坐下来) 你有学问,穿戴得体,却睡在大街上,你能否解释一下?

ANN: What the world needs is a return to sweetness and decency in the souls of its young men and...
安妮 :这世界需要甜美与高雅重新回到年轻一代的灵魂之中……

JOE: Yeah, I er, couldn't agree with you more, but erm--
乔: 对,我完全同意, 不过……

安妮的语言和穿着充分暗示了她出自上流阶层,这些让男主人角Joe深感诧异就不足为怪了。

couldn't agree with you any more. 意思是非常赞同

如 :I couldn't agree with you any more on the the proposal.
我非常赞同你的提议。

(乔听到汽车驶过来的声音,站起来,拍着她的肩膀。)

JOE: Get yourself some coffee, you'll be alright. Look, you take the cab.
乔:喝杯咖啡,你就会没事的。看,你的车来了。

JOE: Come on, (takes her up by the arm) climb in the cab and go home.
乔:来,(用肩膀扶起她)我们上车回家。

(在记者招待会上,安妮面对着来自世界各个国家和地区的记者,发现乔也在其中。在回答记者问的过程中,安妮意味深长地表达了对乔期望和信任。)

MASTER OF CEREMONIES: Ladies and Gentlemen: Her Royal Highness will now answer your questions.
招待会主持:女士们,先生们, 现在你们可以向公主殿下提问。

CHIEF OF CORRESPONDENTS: I believe at the outset, Your Highness, that I should express the pleasure of all of us at your recovery from the recent illness.
记者代表:公主殿下, 首先我想代表全体人员对公主近期的康复表达欢欣之情。

经典致词, 试着把整句话脱口而出。

at the outset 一开始,等于 at the beginning。

如 :At the outset of his career he was full of optimism but not now.
一开始他对事业充满了信心,但现在不再是这样了。

ANN: Thank you.
安妮:谢谢!

AMERICAN CORRESPONDENT: Does Your Highness believe that Federation would be a possible solution to Europe's economic problems?
美国记者:公主殿下是否认为,联盟化将是解决欧洲经济问题的可行方案?

ANN: I am in favour of any measure which would lead to closer cooperation in Europe.
安妮:我赞成一切能够促进欧洲各国之间合作的任何举措。

in favour of 赞同

如 :I think all the people at meeting will be in favour of your opinion.
我想全体到会者都会赞同你的观点。

在商务上in favour of 意思为“以——为受益人“

如 :Please open a Letter of Credit in favour of ABC company be-fore shipping.
请在装运前以ABC公司为受益人开立信用证。

CORRESPONDENT: And what, in the opinion of Your Highness, is the outlook for Friendship Among Nations?
记者:你认为欧洲各国关系发展前景如何?

ANN: I have every faith in it-- (pausing; turning to look at Joe) as I have faith inin relations between people.
安妮:我对此充满信心,(停顿,转过头看向乔)就像我对人们之间的情谊一样。

JOE: May I say, speaking for my own press service,we believe that Your Highness's faith will not be unjustified.
乔:请允许我,代表我的新闻社,我们相信公主的信心是不会判断失误的。

speak for 意思是“代表——说话“ , 在此可以和in behalf of 互换。

如:Don't think you are speaking for/in behalf of everyone.
你只能够代表你自己。

ANN: (looking at Joe; smiling very slightly to him) I am so glad to hear you say it.
安妮:(微笑地看着乔)我很高兴听你这么说。

CORERESPONDENTS: Which of the cities visited did Your Highness enjoy the most? (Ann pauses as she looks at Joe.)
记者:公主殿下所访问过的城市中最喜欢的是哪个?(安妮停下来看着乔)

ANN: Each in its own way was...unforgettable. It would be difficult to-- Rome, by all means, Rome. I will cherish【珍惜】 my visit here, in memory, as long as I live.
安妮:每个城市都有自己的特色……令人难忘。 很难说……罗马,无疑是罗马。我会珍惜这里的记忆,直到永远!

by all means 等于 anyway 不管怎么样,当然

如 :I think she is right by all means.
不管怎么说,我想她是对的。