《音乐之声》经典电影台词

作者:admin

来源:

2014-11-13 15:40

《音乐之声》经典电影台词

(对生活充满信心的玛丽亚初涉尘俗来到特拉普上校家里做家庭教师,在那里她和特拉普上校进行了第一次对话。)

Captain: In the future, you're kind of to remember that certain rooms in this house which are not to be disturbed.
上校 :以后请你记住,这房子里有些房间是不能乱闯的。

在口语中kind of 通常可作副词,意思是“有一点儿,在某种程度上“。

如 :The film is not kind of interesting at all.
那部电影一点都不好看。

Maria: Yes, Captain, sir.
玛丽亚:是,上校,先生。

Captain: Why do you stare at me that way?
上校:为什么这样盯着我?

Maria: Well, you don't look at all like a sea Captain, sir.
玛丽亚:先生,你看起来一点都不像海军上校。

Captain: I'm afraid you don't look very much like a governess. Turn around, please.
上校:恐怕你也不怎么像家庭教师。请转过身去。

Maria: What?
玛丽亚:什么?

Captain: Turn. Hat off. It's the dress. You have to put on another one before you meet the children.
上校:转身,脱帽,是衣服不对劲。在和孩子们见面之前,你得换套衣服。

作为军人出身的特拉普上校,口中不时冒出几句带有命令口吻的话是不足为怪的,这正体现了他军人作风的一面。 如句中hat off 就是一例, 完整的句子应是take your hat off.

Maria: But I don't have another one. When we enter the abbey, our worldly【世俗的】 clothes are given to the poor.
玛丽亚:但是,我没有其他衣服。当我们进修道院时,就把平时穿的衣服都送给穷人了。

Captain: What about this one?
上校:那这一件呢?

Maria: The poor didn't want this one.
玛丽亚:穷人不要这一套。

Captain: Hmm.
上校:嗯。

Maria: I would've made myself a new dress but there wasn't time, I can make my own clothes.
玛丽亚:如果有时间来的话,我就自己做一套新衣服。我会给自己做衣服。

Captain: Well, I'll see you get some material. Today, if possible. Now, Fraulein... er...
上校:那么我来给你弄些布料。可能的话,今天就给你。现在,弗劳伦……呃……

see 本意是“看“ 但在句中的意思是“注意,确保“相当于make sure that, 后面常接介词to

如 :See to it that you are ready on time!
到时你千万要准备好!

Would you see to the arrangements for the next meeting?
你来安排下次的会议,好吗?

Maria: Maria.
玛丽亚:玛丽亚。

Captain: Fraulein Maria, I don't know how much the Mother has told you.
上校:弗劳伦·玛丽亚小姐,我不知道院长嬷嬷告诉了你多少情况。

Maria: Not much.
玛丽亚:不是很多。

Captain: You're the twelfth in a long line of governesses, who have come to look after my children since their mother died. I trust that you will be an improvement on the last one. She stayed only two hours.
上校:自从孩子们的母亲去世以后,你是来照看他们的第十二位女家庭教师。相信你比最后一位有进步,她只呆了两个小时。

in a long line 意思是一个长队, 可以看出教特拉普上校的孩子不是一件容易的事,然而这正与后来玛丽亚出色的表现形成鲜明的对照。

更多精彩在第二页

#p#副标题#e#

Maria: What's wrong with the children, sir?
玛丽亚:孩子们有什么不对劲吗,先生?

Captain: There was nothing wrong with the children, only the governesses. They were completely unable to maintain discipline. Without it, the house can not be properly run. Please remember that, Fraulein.
上校:孩子们很好,只怪家庭教师。她们完全不能维持纪律。没这些纪律,这个家就没法正常运转。弗劳伦,请记住这点。

Maria: Yes, sir.
玛丽亚:是的,先生。

Captain: Every morning you will drill【训练】 the children in their studies, I will not permit them to dream away their summer holidays. Each afternoon they will march about the ground, breathing deeply. Bed-time is to be strictly observed. No exceptions【例外】.
上校:每天上午你得督促孩子做功课。我可不允许他们虚度整个暑假。下午,他们在操场上操练,做深呼吸。就寝时间必须严格遵守,不得例外。

Maria: Excuse me, sir. When do they play?
玛丽亚:对不起,先生,他们什么时候玩?

Captain: You'll see to that they conduct themselves at all time with the utmost orderliness【秩序】and decorum【端庄】, I'm placing you in command.
上校:你得看着他们在任何时候都循规蹈矩。这个就由你来决定。

Maria: Yes, sir.
玛丽亚:是的,先生。

conduct oneself: 为人处事,表现

如 : Thanks for your advice, it really helps conduct myself well in the new environment.
谢谢你的建议, 它对我在新的环境中如何立身处事有很大帮助。

(上校匆匆走向屋内,看到孩子们正在给男爵夫人唱歌,他微笑着加入孩子们的歌声中。玛丽亚从门前经过,上校叫住了她。)

Captain: Fraulein, I, I behaved badly. I apologize.
上校: 弗劳伦,我,我刚才表现粗鲁,我向你道歉。

Maria: No, I'm far too outspoken. It's one of my worst faults.
玛丽亚:不,我说话太过分了,这是我最大的缺点之一。

Captain: You were right. I don't know my children.
上校:你说对了,我不了解自己的孩子。

Maria: There's still time, Captain. They want so much to be close to you.
玛丽亚:上校,来日方长。他们非常想跟你亲近。

Captain: And you've brought the music back to the house. I'd forgotten. Fraulein, I, I want you to stay. I ask you to stay.
上校:你把音乐带回家中,我都忘了音乐。弗劳伦,我想叫你留下来,我请你留下。

Maria: If I could be of any help.
玛丽亚:要是我能有所帮助的话。

Captain: You have already. More than you know.
上校:你已经帮了, 而且远远超出了你自己知道的。

(特拉普上校逐渐对玛丽亚产生了爱意,在一个宁静的夜晚,他终于走向在夜色下徘徊的玛丽亚并道出了真爱。)

Captain: Hello, I, I thought I just might find you here.
上校: 你好, 我想, 也许在这儿能找到你.

Maria: (Maria stands up) Is there something you wanted?
玛丽亚:有事吗?(玛丽亚站起身。)

Captain: No, no, no, sit down please, please. Uh...may I ? (sitting down) You know I was, I was thinking, I was wondering two things. Why did you run away to the Abbey, and what was it that made you come back?
上校:不,不,不。请坐下,请。呃……我可以坐吗?(坐下)你知道吗,我一直在想,有两件事我不太懂,你为什么会跑回修道院。还有,又是什么促使你回来?

Maria: Well, I had an obligation to fulfill and I, I came back to fulfill it.
玛丽亚:哦,我有个任务需要完成,所以我,我就回来完成它呀。

Captain: Is that all?
上校:就这些吗?

Maria: And I missed the children.
玛丽亚:还有我想念孩子们。

Captain: Yes, only the children?
上校: 是吗? 仅仅想念孩子们?

Maria: No, yes! Isn't it right I should have missed them?
玛丽亚:不……是的!难道我不该想念他们吗?

Captain: Yes, yes, of course. I was only hoping that perhaps you … perhaps you might…uh…
上校: 不是,当然不是,我只是希望或许你,或许你会……呃……

Maria: Yes?
玛丽亚: 什么?

Captain: Well …uh… nothing was the same when you were away. And it'll be all wrong again after you leave. And I just thought that perhaps you might… uh… change you mind.
上校:呃……你一走家里全都变了样,要是你再离开, 一切又会变糟。 我只是在想也许你会……呃……改变主意。

Maria: I'm sure the Baroness will be able to make things fine for you.
玛丽亚:我相信男爵夫人能够把家里的事替你安排妥当。

Captain: Maria, there isn't going to be any Baroness.
上校:玛丽亚, 不会有什么男爵夫人了。

Maria: There isn't ?
玛丽亚:没有?

Captain: No.
上校: 是的。

Maria: I don't understand.
玛丽亚:我不懂。

Captain: Well, we've …uh… called off our engagement, you see and... uh…
上校: 我们已经取消了婚约。而且……

call off: 取消,放弃

如:The match was called off because of the bad weather.
由于天气恶劣,比赛被取消。

Maria: Oh, I'm sorry.
玛丽亚:哦,很遗憾。

Captain: Yes … you are?
上校: 是吗……你感到遗憾?

Maria: You did?
玛丽亚:你真的取消了?

Captain: Yes. Well, you can't marry someone when you're in love with someone else, can you?
上校:是的,当你爱着别人时,你不可能和另外一个人结婚,你能做到吗?

Maria: Reverend Mother always says when the Lord closes a door, somewhere else he opens a window.
玛丽亚:院长嬷嬷总是这样说,当主关上一扇门时,他会在别处为你开启一扇窗。

Captain: What else did the Reverend Mother say?
上校:院长嬷嬷还说些什么?

Maria: That you have to look for your life.
玛丽亚:她还说必须寻找生命中值得的东西。

Captain: Is that why you came back? And have you found it, Maria?
上校:这就是你回来的原因吗?你找到没有,玛丽亚?

Maria: I think I have. I know I have.
玛丽亚:我想我找到了。我知道我找到了。

Captain: I love you.
上校:我爱你。