1. Being able to banter when you first start talking to a girl is one of the most important and effective ways to get her attention right away. Once you've bantered for a couple minutes, it's alright to switch gears and talk about something a little bit more serious or personal. Showing her that you've got the contrast between playfulness and seriousness will show you to be a guy who is multi-faceted, not a one-note Johnny.
2. For whatever reason, nothing screams neediness in a guy more than a huge, gleaming, ear to ear smile. Think of smirking as the smile's more seductive, more confident older brother. It's otherwise known as the eye smile, and it's extremely effective at communicating your feelings non-verbally. It's alright to practice in the mirror for a few minutes. Once you've got this down by yourself, it'll be time to try it out in real life.
3. Offering an original compliment is a really effective way to flirt. You can all but guarantee the girl you're trying to talk to has heard most of the more clichéd compliments dozens of times over the better part of her adult life.
4. A man who pays attention to detail and remembers the little things will always go further than his less-observant peers. So if you're chatting up a girl, especially one you've just met, pay attention to the little things and try to casually mention them later on. This will show her that you're different than most of the guys she talks to -- which will go a long way.
5. When guys are starting to hit it off with a girl they're interested in, a lot of the time they get worried that if they let the conversation die or let her out of their sight for a moment, she'll lose interest. Most of the time, this couldn't be further from the truth. If things are going well, don't be afraid to leave her with a cliffhanger and excuse yourself for a moment. It will make you come off as a lot more confident than trying to drag on the conversation long enough to rival the ending of a Lord of the Rings film.
6. If you ask any woman out there the qualities that she looks for in a man, you can all but guarantee a sense of humor is going to be on the list -- and for many, it's near the top.
7. One thing that a lot of guys forget to do or are afraid to do when flirting with women is to add a little seduction into the conversation. Tension is a huge aphrodisiac and a great thing to take advantage of when you are flirting.
This will serve as somewhat of a test. If she doesn't respond after a minute, you should probably go back to what you were doing before -- but if she does, it may be a sign she wants to escalate things physically.
9. The "triangle look" is by far the best thing you can do when you're connecting with a woman and you're ready to take things to the next level. Here's how it works: Once you've already had some light banter and you're pretty certain things are going well, try looking into one eye, then the other eye, then down to her lips, and back to her eyes. Finish it off with a little smirk.
10. It's no secret that girls like to feel special. If we're being honest here, so do guys. Deep down, each and every one of us wants to believe that we really are unique, attractive, and interesting.
Before you go off ignoring your surroundings and pretending there's nothing else in the universe at that moment besides her, you want to make sure she knows that you are a valuable, interesting person yourself.