走遍加拿大 LESSON 9--2 VISITING A CANADIAN FAMILY

作者:admin

来源:

2005-8-24 22:36

走遍加拿大 LESSON 9--2 VISITING A CANADIAN FAMILY

00:00

Dashan: Kathy, let us clear the table for you.
大山:让我们来替你收拾桌子吧。

Kathy: Oh, thanks.
凯西:啊,谢谢你们。

Christopher: Mom, I'm going to watch TV in the family room, okay?
克里斯托弗:妈妈,我到客厅去看电视,行吗?

Kathy: Christopher, aren't you going to work on your project for school?
凯西:克里斯托弗,你不去完成你的学校项目吗?

Christopher: Do I have to? I'm going to finish it tomorrow night.
克里斯托弗:我必须去做吗? 我想明天晚上把它做完。

Kathy: You won't have time tomorrow night. You have a hockey practice. Remember?
凯西:明天晚上你就没空了,你们要练冰球,还记得吗?

Christopher: Yeah, you're right.
克里斯托弗:对,您说得对。

Rumei: Kathy, where do you want me to put these dishes?
如梅:凯西,你看我把盘子放在什么地方?

Kathy: Stack them on the counter, please.
凯西:堆在平台上就行。

Rumei: What a beautiful kitchen. It's so modern.
如梅:厨房真漂亮啊。真现代化啊。

Kathy: Oh, thanks. We remodelled it last year.
凯西:是吗?谢谢。我们去年改建的。

Rumei: Oh, really.
如梅:是嘛?

Kathy: Our old kitchen wasn't big enough for the three of us and two cats and two dogs.
So, we decided to add an eating area.
凯西:原来的厨房不够大,容不下我们三个人,两只猫还有两条狗。所以,我们就
决定扩建出了吃饭的地方。

Yunbo: Kathy, where do you want me to put the leftover lasagna?
云波:凯西,你看我把剩下的面条搁在什么地方好?#p#副标题#e#

Kathy: You can put it in a plastic container. Then put it in the fridge, please. Glen, can
you get Yunbo a plastic container?
凯西:你可以把它放进一个塑料盒里,然后请把它放进冰箱。格伦,你给云波拿一
个塑料盒来,好吗?

Glen: No problem.
格伦:没问题。

Kathy: And the other waste food can go into the container for the composter. I use the
compost from the composter to fertilize the flowers in my garden.
凯西:其他吃剩的东西搁到一个袋子里准备放进堆肥器。我用堆肥器里堆出的肥料
给花园的花儿施肥。

Rumei: Here, let me wash the dishes.
如梅:来,让我来帮你洗盘子吧。

Kathy: Thanks, Rumei, but I'm going to wash them in the dishwasher. Here, let me do it for you.
凯西:谢谢你,如梅,不过我要把盘子放进洗碟机里。来,让我来帮你。

Rumei: Kathy, what do you use these boxes for?
如梅:凯西,这些盒子是做什么用的?

Kathy: Oh, these boxes are for recycling. Our family is trying to help the environment.
凯西:盒子是用来回收废物的。我们全家人都在为保护环境出力。

Rumei: What do you mean?
如梅:我没有听懂你的意思。

Kathy: Well, we want to save our natural resources for the next generation. You know...
Clean air, clean water and rich forest and wildlife.
凯西:是这样。我们希望为