走遍加拿大 LESSON 12 GOING TO AN ART GALLERY

作者:admin

来源:

2005-8-24 22:51

走遍加拿大 LESSON 12 GOING TO AN ART GALLERY

00:00

Dashan: Did you know that this city has one of the most famous collections of Canadian art in Canada?
大山:你们知道吗?这座城市拥有加拿大最有名的艺术收藏品。

Yunbo: No, I had no idea. Where is the art collection?
云波:我不知道。收藏的艺术品在什么地方?

Dashan: It's in one of our national art galleries.
大山:在我们的一座国家美术馆里。

Rumei: I don't know a lot about Canadian art, but I've always been interested in finding out more about it.
如梅:我对加拿大艺术了解的不多,但是我一直有兴趣在这方面多加了解。

Yunbo: I've read about Canadian art on the Internet, but that's all.
云波:我从国际互联网上读到过关于加拿大艺术的介绍,但仅此而已。

Dashan: Well, do you and Rumei feel like going to the gallery and having a closer look? The gallery's just around the corner.
大山:那么,你和如梅愿意到美术馆去好好欣赏一番吗?美术馆就在拐角处。

Yunbo: You bet. Do we have time?
云波:那还用说。我们还来得及吗?

Dashan: Yeah, but we'd better hurry. I think the gallery closes at 6:00 tonight.
大山:来得及,但是我们得抓紧时间。我想美术馆今晚要在6点关门。

Dashan: Yunbo, haven't you been painting for a long time?
大山:云波,你不是坚持作画有很长时间了吗?

Yunbo: Yes, I have. I'm not a very good painter, but I enjoy painting a lot.
云波:是的,我画得不好,但是我特别喜欢画。

Dashan: Do you use oil paints?
大山:你是画油画吗?

Yunbo: I started painting with oils, but now I prefer using water colours. Rumei doesn't like the smell of the oil paints. Have you ever done any painting, Dashan?
云波:我刚开始作画时是这样,但是我现在更喜欢画水彩。如梅不喜欢油画颜料的气味。 大山,你作过画吗?

Dashan: No, I haven't, but I've been taking Chinese calligraphy lessons.
大山:没有。但是我一直在学汉字书法。

Rumei: Is that so? How long have you been studying calligraphy?
如梅:是吗?你学书法有多久了?

Dashan: Since last summer. I started taking lessons during my visit to Shanghai last year. And I've been practising ever since. This gallery's got all kinds of Canadian art... Painting, sculpture, prints, photography, and carvings. Yunbo and you will enjoy it.
大山:自从去年夏天就开始学了。 我是去年去上海时开始的,从那以后,就一直坚持练字。这家美术馆收藏各种艺术品,有油画、 雕塑、版画、摄影作品以及雕刻品。 云波你们俩会喜欢的。

Rumei: I'm sure we will.
如梅:我想我们一定会喜欢的。#p#副标题#e#

Dashan: Would it be okay to look at the painting by the Group of Seven first? I love their art.
大山:我们先看七人画社的作品怎么样?我喜爱他们的作品。

Yunbo: Sure. But who or what is the Group of Seven?
云波:可以。不过,七人画社是谁,是什么流派?

Dashan: The Group of Seven was a group of seven Canadian painters. They painted Canadian landscapes in the 1920s and 1930s.
大山:七人画社是由加拿大的七名画家组成的。 他们在本世纪20年代和30年代以画加拿大的风景画出名。

Dashan: Excuse me. Is it okay to take photos of the paintings in the gallery?
大山:请问,美术馆里的展品可以拍照吗?

Attendant: Sorry. Taking photos of our collection is not allowed. But, our gift shop has lots of posters, postcards and books.
工作人员:对不起,不行。不允许为收藏品拍照。但是礼品店里有很多招贴画、明信片及书籍。

Dashan: Thanks.
大山:谢谢。

Rumei: Look at these magnificent paintings of the outdoors. They must be paintings by the Group of Seven.
如梅:来看看这些壮丽的户外风景画吧。 它们肯定出自七人画社。

Dashan: You're right, Rumei. These artists loved painting the wilderness.
大山:你说对了,如梅。这些画家喜欢画莽莽原野。

Yunbo: The paintings are so bold and dramatic. I can't stop looking at them.
云波:这些画是那么无拘无束、那么充满激情,我情不自禁地一直在欣赏。

Dashan: What do you think, Rumei?
大山:如梅,你怎么看?

Rumei: I love the forests, rocks and lakes in the paintings. But the colours are a bit too strong for me.
如梅:我喜爱画中的森林、岩石、湖泊,可是我觉得色彩有些太浓重了。

Dashan: You'll see this kind of scenery on our train ride back to Vancouver next week.
大山:下个星期我们乘火车回温哥华时你就能亲眼见到画中的景色。

Dashan: Oh, this painting must be by Emily Carr. She's one of my favourite artists. She's painted pictures of forests and totem poles in British Columbia.
大山:这幅画一定是埃米尔·卡尔所画。她是我最喜爱的艺术家之一。她绘画的题材是不列颠哥伦比亚的森林、图腾柱。

Yunbo: Was she from British Columbia?
云波:她是不列颠哥伦比亚的人吗?

Dashan: Yes. As a matter of fact, she lived in Victoria. Her house is a museum now.
大山:是,事实上,她住在维多利亚。她的故居现在已是博物馆了。