19. Good afternoon, sir, and welcome to the Universe Hotel, Trinidad, do you have a reservation?
20. Er, yes, my name’s Harry Carter.
21. Ah, yes, you’re welcome, Mr. Carter.
22. Thank you.
23. How long are you staying with us, Mr. Carter? Or perhaps you don’t know yet?
24. Er, two or three days. I think.
25. Can I have your passport, please?
26. Oh yes, certainly. Here you are.
27. Aren’t you hot, Mr. Carter? You’re in the Caribbean now, not in Washdon. You don’t need all those clothes here.
28. Oh, er…, no, I see.
29. Here’s your passport, Mr. Carter. Your room number is 2924.
30. George, will you take Mr. Carter’s luggage to his room?
31. Alright, come with me, sir.
32. Er… can I have the key, please?
33. It’s in the door of your room, have a very pleasant stay in Finidad,
34. Yes, thank you.
35. Come in.
36. Hi, there, man! Welcome to Trinnidad! I’m detective Clycle Williams.
37. What can I do for you, Mr. Carter? Do you like Caribbean food? Do you like surfing? Or do you like girls? I know a little place where…
38. I’m not here on vacation, Mr. Williams. I have a very important job to do.
39. Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t know. What’s it all about then? I’m listening.
40. Somewhere in Trinidad, Mr. Williams, there’s a man who—
42. Wait a moment! Did you hear that?
44. I thought so! Look, that’s Hugo Peters! Listen Mr. Williams, do you have a car?
45. Yes, it’s outside the hotel! Why? Who’s Hugo Peters? What’s going on?
46. I’ll tell you later. Come on! There’s no time! Let's go!
47. Look, what’s happening? Where are we going? Will you please help me?
48. In a moment, Mr. Williams. But why are we going so slowly?
49. Take it ease, man! I’m driving, OK, I know this road, and you can’t drive quickly here. But what are you looking for?
50. That’s what I’m looking for! That big car up there!
51. So a policeman stopped you at the airport, Peters.
52. Yes, sir, but he didn’t find anything!
53. And a policeman listened to your telephone.
54. Yes, I think so.
55. And what did you do, Peters?
56. Well, sir.. er… I didn’t do anything, actually.
57. You’re an idiot, Peters. What shall we do with Peters. Busil?
58. Let’s give him to the fish, sir.
59. Very good! Yes, the fish are always hungry.
60. No, please, sir. Don’t do that. I didn’t know-I didn't think.
61. That’s right, Peters, you didn’t think.
62. Very well, then, we won’t give you to the fish, for now.
63. I’m a kind man. I have a big heart, I’m thinking, why not be kind to the police, too? Why not give them a little something?
64. What about Roger Temple?
65. What do you mean, sir?
66. Why don’t you give the police some information about Roger Temple?
67. What a good idea, sir!
68. Yes, it is a good idea, isn’t it?
69. What is it, Basil? What’s going on?
70. There’s a car behind us, sir. I think it’s a police car.
71. A police car? You know what to do, don’t you, Basil?
72. Yes, sir.
73. Come on, hurry up. Mr. Williams. We’re nearly
74. Look out!
75. Er, sorry about the car.
76. That’s alright, man! It wasn’t mine! But what about you? Are you alright?
77. No, I’m not. Get me to a hospital, quickly!
78. Can I go home to Washdon now?
79. Oh no, not yet, Mr. Carter. But you’re doing very well. You’ll be out of here in a couple of weeks.