Unit 28 At Home

作者:admin

来源:

2011-10-21 14:08

Unit 28 At Home

00:00

Unit 28 At Home
在家里
That sounds reasonable.What's for breakfast?
早饭吃什么?
The usual,eggs,toast,and cereal.Coffee,if you want.
和平常一样,鸡蛋、烤面包和麦片。还是咖啡,如果你想喝的话。
I think I'll just have cereal for a change.
我想换换口味,吃点麦片。
You preferred staying in bed another thirty minutes to eating breakfast.
你宁愿在床上再躺三十分钟也不起来吃早饭。
I wonder what we should have for dinner this evening?
我们今天的晚餐该做什么吃呀?
I can always eat pizza,or spaghetti.
比萨饼和意在利粉我是吃不厌的。
I'm starting a new diet day after tomorrow.
后天我要重新节食了。
Don't forget.We're invited out to dinner tonight.
别忘了今晚我们被邀请到外面去吃饭。
I'll try to get home a little early.
我尽量早点回家。
When can we expect you for dinner?Can you come tonight?
你什么时候来和我们一起吃晚饭?今晚能来吗?
I promised to go to a concert with my sister.
我答应和姐姐一起去听音乐会。
My washing-machine went on the blink this morning,
我的洗衣机没法用了,
so I have to go to the laundromat this afternoon to do the washing.
所以下午我只得到自动洗衣店去洗衣服。
Sometimes when the windows are open,you can hear the neighbors'phone.
有时窗户开着,你能听到邻居家的电话铃响。
Conversations
会话
Dialogue 1
It's time to get up!
该起床了!
I just went to bed!
我刚刚睡下。
You shouldn't have stayed up so late watch TV.
你不该夜里看电视看到那么晚。
I told you we had to get an early start.
我告诉过你我们得清早动身。
I know,but that movie was just too good to leave.
我知道。但那个影片太吸引人了,不能不看。
I guess I'll just have to pay the price and be sleepy.
我想我付出的代价是整天都没精打彩。
Do you want to eat breakfast here?
你想在家里吃早饭吗?
No,Why don't we just grad a bite at the coffee shop next door?
不了,我们干嘛不在隔壁的咖啡馆里随便吃点东西呢?
Okay by me.
我没意见。
Dialogue 2
I wonder what we should have for dinner this evening.
我们今天的晚餐该做什么吃呢?
Are you asking me?
你在问我吗?
Yes,I am.I really don't feel much like cooking,but the family must eat.
是的。我真不太想做饭,但全家总得吃饭吧。
Well,you know me.I can always eat pizza,or spagheti.
哦,你是知道我的。比萨饼和意大利粉我是吃不厌的。
So I've noticed.You're putting on a little weight,aren't you?
这我已经注意到了。你胖了不少,是吧?
I know.Don't remind me.I'm starting a new diet the day after tomorrow.
这我知道,用不着你提醒我。后天我要重新节食了。
It's about time.
你是该节食了。
Dialogue 3
Did you lock the doors?
你把门都锁上了吗?
All except the back door.
除了后门都锁上了。
I left that open for Tim.He took the dog for a walk.
我给蒂姆留着后门,他带着狗散步去了。
Well,I'm going on to bed.I'm beat.
嗯,我睡觉去了。我累极了。
Okay.I'm going to stay up a while.
好吧。我等会儿再睡。
I've got to go over the household budget.
我得把家里的账再算一算,
We're a little overspent this month.
这个月我们超支了一点。
Please tell Tim to close the door to the basement.
请告诉蒂姆关上地下室的门,
I don't want the dog down there tonight.
我不想让狗今晚跑到哪儿去。
Okay.Good night.See you at breafast.
好的。晚安。明天吃早饭时见。
Dialogue 4
This is the last of the milk.
这是最后的牛奶了。
I know.I intend to go to the store today.
我知道。今天我打算去商店。
Would you get some of that new cereal we saw advertised on TV?
你买点我们在电视广告上看到的那种新的麦片好吗?
Which one?
哪种?
You know...the one with the silly ad about how vitamins jump up and down.
嗯...,就是那个挺蠢的广告,维生在跳跳的。
Oh,you mean"KIKIES"?
哦,你说的是“KIKIES“?
Yeah.That's the one.
对,就是那种。
Well,I'll see.
好吧,我去看看。
Sometimes the stores don't have some of the new kinds of cereal.
但有时商店里没有那些新品种的麦片。
Dialogue 5
Let's see if we can reach some sort of agreement over your curfew.
让我们来看看,是不是能对你的夜归时间达成什么议?
Okay.
好吧,
Everyone else's parents let them stay out until two or three in the morning.
别人的父母都让他们到晨两点或三点。
Well.I'm not everyone else's father.
是吗,可我不是别人的。
I think you need to be in the house by ten o'clock.
我认为你10点钟前必须回到家里。
That's absurd.
那太荒谬了。
I know some junior high kids who can stay out later than that.
我认识一些初中生,他们都可以10点以后回家。
I'll be worried if you stay out late.
如果你在外面待到太晚,我会担心的。
Okay,how about a midnight curfew?And I'll let you know where I am.
好吧,12点怎么样?更何况我会让你知道我在什么地方的。