Expressions Used at the Airport
1. How often is there a flight to London?
2. At what time does the next plane to Washington leave?
3. Are they non-stop flights?
4. Could I make a reservation for flight 8 to Brussels?
5. How long is the flight from Seattle to New York?
6. Is this where I have to check in for Flight MU562 to Tokyo?
7. Are there any planes to Hiroshima on Sunday?
8. When am I supposed to check in?
9. Do you know which channel to go through?
10. How much is the round trip ticket?
11. We have flights to Paris every hour.
12. May I have your ticket and passport?
13. Please put your bags on the scales.
14. I’m sorry, but everything is taken.
15. You can go through the red channel if you have anything to declare.
A: What flights do you have from New York to London tomorrow?
B: One moment, please. And I find out what available.
A: I'd like to travel first-class.
B: OK. We have a non-stop flight leaving Kennedy at 9:25.
A: When should I get to the airport?
B: Please be there by 8:45
1 It’s our anniversary.
It’s the anniversary of our wedding.
We are celebrating our anniversary.
This is a second honeymoon.
2 May I have your names, please?
What are your names, please?
Could I have the names of the passengers, please?
3 Does it cost a lot to fly first class?
Is it much more expensive to fly first-class?
Is there a great difference in the price of coach and first-class tickets?
Are first class tickets much more costly?
4 I almost forgot.
It completely slipped my mind.
I didn’t think of it earlier.
I should have thought of it sooner.
5 I could bump you up to first class.
You could upgrade to first class.
I could upgrade you to first class.
Making a reservation
Dan: I’d like to make a reservation for two
for a flight to New York City on March 3rd.
Caroline: It’s our anniversary.
Gerry: Oh! Congratulations! May I have your names, please?
Dan: Daniel and Caroline McLean.
Gerry: I need your address and a daytime.phone.
Dan: 2205 Pine Street, San Francisco, California, 98008.
Our phone number is, area code 415, 555-8080
Caroline: Does it cost a lot more to fly first-class?
Gerry: Yeah, but you can have all the champagnenyou want.
Dan: I guess coach is OK, but my wife wants a window seat.
Oh, I almost forgot…my frequent flyer miles.
Gerry: Hey, I could bump one of you up to first class.
Dan: I’ll take it, my wife doesn’t drink.