BASIC EXPRESSIONS 基本句型表达
1) I'd like to tell you that you can come to work for us.
2) I am sorry but I just accepted another offer that I feel is more suitable to my needs.
3) I really appreciate your offer, but I must decline it.
4) Frankly speaking, I have been thinking that the position is not right for me after the interview.
5) I really think that position suits my education background better.
I: Hello, is that Mr. Sun? This is Mrs Smith with ABC Corp.
A: Yes, this is Sunlin.
I: I'd like to tell you that you can come to work for us.
A: Oh, I am sorry, but I just accepted another offer that I feel is more suitable to my needs.
I: I see.
A: I really appreciate your offer, but I must decline it.
I: You are welcome. Please call us if you change your mind.
A: I will. Thank you.
I: Mr. Sun, this is Mrs Smith at ABC. I am calling to offer you the Sales Manager position. I am wondering if you are still interested in it.
A: Frankly speaking, I have been thinking that the position is not right for me.
I: Really, what changed your mind?
A: I think there is too much responsibility for me. I wonder if I can handle it.
I: I am sure you can.
A: But I have my doubts, and I don't want to accept a position that I don't think I will be happy in.
I: You are right.
A: But thank you for the offer. Good luck.
A: Hello, this is Sunlin, may I speak to Mrs. Smith?
I: Yes, this is Mrs Smith. Mr. Sun, have you received our letter?
A: Yes, Mrs Smith. I am just calling to thank you for your offer. But I am sorry to tell you I have accepted another position.
I: May I ask why?
A: I really think that position suits my educational background better. What's more, that company will supply me with an apartment, you know I haven't my own house and I have to rent.
I: I see.
suitable 合适的，相配的 offer 提供
decline 拒绝 handle 处理
supply sb with sth 供应，提供 rent 租用
Your words should be professional and courteous [有礼貌的]. You may be turning down this position, but you might want to be considered for future opportunities. Savvy [悟性] job seekers use every possible chance to thank each person with whom you interviewed and wish them and their company continued success.
1) I just accepted another offer that I feel is more suitable to my needs.
more right for me
more interesting to me
我刚接受了另一份我觉得 更能满足我需要 的工作。
2) I don't want to accept a position that I don't think I will be happy in.
offers me too little salary
can't supply me with an apartment
我不想接受 一份我觉得不会让我快乐 的工作。