1.—I’m sorry I didn’t finish it on time
A. Fine，thanks. B. No，thanks.
C. Thanks a lot. D．Thanks anyway.
2. Lydia doesn’t feel like___ abroad. Her parents are old.
A. study B. studying C. studied D. to study
3. There is in his words. We should have a try.
A. something B. anything C. nothing D. everything
4. Frank insisted that he was not asleep___ I had great difficulty in waking him up.
A. whether B. although C. for D. so
5.—How could you be so rude as to walk in here in the middle of my class?
A. Nothing much B. Nothing serious
C. Never again D. Never mind
6. As it reported, it is 100 years ___ Qinghua University was founded.
A. when B. before C. after D. since
7. To get a better grade, you should ___ the notes again before the test.
A. go over B. get over C. turn over D. take over
8. Nick, it’s good for you to read some books ___ China before you start your trip there.
A. in B. for C. of D. on
9. All visitors to this village___with kindness.
A. treat B. are treated
C. are treating D. had been treated
10. Our teachers always tell us to believe in ___ we do and who we are if we want to succeed.
A. why B. how C. what D. which
11. Simon made a big bamboo box ___the little sick bird till it could fly.
A. keep B. kept C. keeping D. to keep
12.—How was your recent trip to Sichuan?
—I’ve never had ___one before.
A. a pleasant B. a more pleasant
C. a most pleasant D. the most pleasant
13. Always remember put such dangerous things as knives out children’s ___.
A. touch B. sight C. reach D. distance
14. I often___ the words I don’t know in the dictionary or on the internet.
A. look up B. look at C. kook for D. look into
15. Was it on a lonely island___ he was saved one month after the boat went down？
A. where B. that C. which D. what
16. ___ an important role in a new movie, Andy has a chance to become famous.
A. Offer B. Offering C. Offered D. To offer
17. The school shop, ___ customers are mainly students, is closed for the holidays.
A. which B. whose C. when D. where
18. Dr. Peter Spence,___ headmaster of the school, told us, “___ fifth of pupils here go on to study at Oxford and Cambridge.“
A. 不填；A B. 不填；The C. the；The D. a; A
19.—What a mistake!
—Yes. I___ his doing it another way, but without success.
A. was suggesting B. will suggest
C. would suggest D. had suggested
20. The police still have I found the lost child, but they’re doing all they ___ .
A. can B. may C. must D. should
1. D 解析：本题考查情景交际。上文说“对不起，我没有按时完成任务“，言语当中充满了抱歉，所以后者出于礼貌的考虑还是要谢谢他。Thanks anyway.“不管怎样还是要谢谢你“。
2. B 解析：考查固定结构。feel like doing“想要/喜欢做某事“，故选B项。句意为：Lydia不想出国留学，她的父母年龄太大了。
3. A 解析：考查不定代词。something有用的、重要的东西；anything任何东西；nothing没有任何东西；everything所有的东西。句意为：他说的话中有一些有用的东西，我们可以试一下。故选A项。
4. B 解析：考查从属连词。although作为连词引导让步状语从句。句意为：尽管我很难叫醒他，但弗兰克却坚持说自己没有睡觉。前后句子表达“虽然……但是……“的转折语气，故选B项。whether作为连词可接名词从句表示“是否“的意思，接让步状语从句表示“不管, 无论“,与题意不符；for作为连词引导原因状语从句；so作为连词引导结果状语从句；均不合题意。
5. C 解析：考查情景交际。上文说“你怎么能这么粗鲁，我们上着课就走了进来了呢“，有些生气的意思，所以下文应该表示歉意，用never again“再也不会出现这种情况了“符合题意，故选C项。nothing much“没有什么,无关紧要的事“；nothing serious“没什么严重的“；Never mind“没关系,不用担心“
6. D 解析：考查固定句型。It+ is/was+时间段+since+从句，表示“自从……以来已经有多长时间了“。
7. A 解析：考查短语辨析。go over复习，仔细查看；get over从……恢复过来；turn over反复考虑，翻倒；take over接替，接收。根据句意：要得到好的成绩，考试之前你需要婚庆来之前再复习一下。故选A项。
8. D 解析：考查介词。on在此处作介词表示“关于，与有……关“。句意：在你去中国之前，先读一些有关中国的书对你有好处。故选D项。in表示“在……方面“；for表示“为了……“；of表示“其中“。
9. B 解析：考查动词的时态、语态。treat与visitors之间是动宾关系，故用被动语态，排除A、C项；又因为句子中没有明确的过去时间点，所以不能用过去完成时，排除D项；故选B项，表示一般情况。
10. C 解析：考查名词性从句。in介词后面接宾语从句，且从句中缺do的宾语，故选C项。why、how在句中作状语；which在名词性从句中作定语。
11. D 解析：考查非谓语动词。此处为不定式作目的状语。句意：Simon做了个大竹箱来放那只受伤的小鸟，直到它能飞。故选D项
12. B 解析：考查比较级的否定。句意：—你最近的四川之旅怎么样？—我从来没有比这次更快乐的旅途了。言外之意这次是我最快乐的。not，never等否定词与比较级连用表达最高级意义。故选B项。
13. C 解析：考查单词辨析。out of one’s reach某人够不着；out of touch失去联系；out of sight看不见。句意：要时刻记着把刀一类的危险物放在孩子够不着的地方。故选C项。
14. A 解析：考查短语辨析。look up查阅；look at看, 注视；kook for寻找；look into朝里看，调查。句意：我经常在字典里或网上查阅不认识的单词。故选A项。
15. B 解析：考查强调句。此处为强调句的一般疑问句。强调句的一般疑问句构成是：is/was it + 被强调部分+that+其它部分。故选B项。句意：他是不是在船沉没后一个月，在那座孤岛上被救起的？
16. C 解析：考查非谓语动词：offer与逻辑主语Andy之间是被动关系，故用过去分词，作状语。句意：Andy获得了一部新电影里一个重要的角色，所以他有机会成名。
17. B 解析：考查定语从句。先行词在从句中作customers的定语，故选B项。which在定语从句中作主语、宾语、表语；when、where作状语。句意：大部分顾客是学生的那家学校的商店因为放假暂时歇业了。
18. A 解析：考查冠词。第一个空headmaster“校长“，属于职位头衔前面不加冠词；第二个空为分数的表达，五分之一应表达为“a fifth“故选A项。句意：校长Peter Spence博士告诉我们这里五分之一的学生会继续到牛津和剑桥去学习。
19. D 解析：考查动词的时态。由语境可知因为没有采纳我的建议，现在他出了错。事情已经发生，是过去，我的建议应该是在他做这件事之前，即过去的过去，所以应该用过去完成时。
20. A 解析：考查情态动词。句意：警察仍然还没有找到那个丢失的孩子，但是他们正在竭尽所能的寻找。can表示能力符合题意，故选A项。may表示或许；must表示肯定；should表示应该。
I truly feel that my mother led me here, to Morzaine, and to my future as happy wife and businesswoman. When Mum 21 in October 2007, I was cook. In December that year，while I was working for a wedding，a pearl necklace Mum had left me 22 . I was distraught（忧心如焚的）.Some days later, I was 23 that a guy who was working with us that day.“could probably have made a fortune 24 the necklace he found.“ 25 ，he returned it. Hearing he I’d 26 Mum for six months before her death, he said，“Christmas is going to be 27 —why not go out to the Alps for a couple of weeks.
I come to Morzaine, a small, friendly village in the Alps and 28 fell in love with it. What was 29 to be a stopgap (权宜之计) trip turned into a new life. I kept traveling between London and here and felt 30 than I had in months. In December 2008, I was 31 as a hotel manager and moved here full time.
A month later, I met Paul, who was traveling here. We fell in love. In the beginning, I didn’t want to discuss 32 ，because the sadness of losing Mum __33__ felt great. Paul understood that and never 34 me. But, by summer,we got married. A year later, we used his saving, and the money from the sale of Mom’s house, to build our own 35 .
We want to give our guests a 36 feel, so each room is themed (以……为题) around memories from our lives. There are also styles to remind me of Mom—a tiny chair which 37 be in her bedroom is set in one room.
We are having a wonderful life Mum 38 naturally part of it, 39 there’s no way we would be here. If it wasn’t for the 40 she gave me. I know she’s here in spirit, keeping an eye on us.
21. A. died B. came C. returned D. visited
22. A. burned B. disappeared C. broke D. dropped
23. A. shown B. comforted C. persuaded D. told
24. A. hiding B. stealing C. selling D. wearing
25. A. Luckily B. Naturally C. Surely D. Hopefully
26. A. nursed B. cured C. missed D. guarded
27. A. long B. hard C. merry D. free
28. A. suddenly B. finally C. nearly D. immediately
29. A. said B. proved C. supposed D. judged
30. A. smarter B. higher C. firmer D. lighter
31. A. honoured B. hired C. regarded D. trained
32. A. travel B. business C. children D. marriage
33. A. recently B. once C. still D. first
34. A. left B. pushed C. surprised D. interrupted
35. A. hotel B. restaurant C. home D. shop
36. A. homely B. lively C. motherly D. friendly
37. A. ought to B. used to C. might D. could
38. A. takes B. keeps C. looks D. feels
39. A. unless B. while C. because D. though
40. A. money B. chair C. house D. necklace
21. A 考查动词词义和语境理解。die去世；come来；return返回，归还；visit拜访。有下文的death可知母亲“去世了“。
23. D 考查动词词义和语境理解。找了几天没有找到，几天之后别人“告诉“（tell）了我项链的下落。show展示；comfort安慰；persuade劝服。
24. C 考查动词辨析和语境理解。既然是赚了一大笔钱，捡到项链的那个人肯定是把它卖了。hid隐藏；steal偷（没有证据表明项链是那个人偷走的）；wear穿戴。
25. A 考查副词词义及语境理解。项链失而复得，“我“是幸运地。luckily幸运地；naturally自然地；surely确定地；hopefully有希望地。
26. A 考查动词词义及语境理解。母亲去世前我“护理“了她六个月。nurse护理，照料；cure治愈（母亲已去世，没有治愈）；miss怀念；guard保护，守卫。
27. B 考查形容词词义及语境理解。在万家团圆的圣诞节，母亲刚去世，对我来说一定很难熬。
28. D 考查副词词义及语境理解。我已来到小镇Morzaine就“立刻“喜欢上了它。immediately立刻，马上；suddenly突然；finally最后, 终于；nearly几乎，差不多。
29. C 考查短语辨析及语境理解。一开始到这来旅游的目的是放松心情。be supposed to认为应该……；be said to据说……；be proved to据证明；be judged to据判断。
30. D 考查形容词词义及语境理解。light明亮的，敞亮的；smart伶俐的，聪明的；high高的firm结实的,牢固的。我的心情比过去的几个月“敞亮了“很多。
31. B 考查动词词义和语境理解。hire雇用；honour尊敬；regard看作，注意；train训练。我“受雇“到这里来当宾馆的经理。
32. D 考查名词词义和语境理解。后文的“But, by summer, we got married.“暗示此处为刚开始我没有心情谈论“婚姻“，因为我“还“沉浸在失去母亲的痛苦当中。
33. C 考查副词词义及语境理解。解释同上。still仍然，仍旧；recently最近；once一旦，一次；first第一, 最早, 首先；
34. B 考查动词词义和语境理解。Paul理解我的心情，从不“催促“我结婚。push催促；leave离去, 离开；surprise使惊奇, 使诧异；interrupt打断。
35. A 考查语境理解。上文提到受雇做宾馆的经理，现在我们开了家自己的“宾馆“。
36. A 考查语境理解。后文说每间客房都是围绕我们的生活记忆装饰的，我们这样做是为了让客人有一种“家“的感觉。
37. B 考查情态动词及语境理解。这把小椅子“以前“是放在母亲的卧室里的。
38. D 考查语境理解。母亲已去世，但是我们的幸福生活她在天堂可以“感觉“的到。
39. C 考查连词和语境理解。这里是在解释我认为母亲在天堂可以感觉到我们幸福生活的原因。because引导原因状语从句；unless引导条件状语从句；while引导时间和比较状语从句；though引导让步状语从句。
40. D 考查语境理解。前文一直在围绕着母亲给我的“项链“在记述。
It’s 5:00 in the morning when the alarm (闹钟) rings in my ears. I roll out of bed and walk blindly through the dark into the bathroom. I turn on the light and put on my glasses. The house is still as I walk downstairs while my husband and three kids sleep peacefully. Usually I go for a long run, but today I choose my favorite exercise DVD insanity. Sweat pours down my face and into my eyes. My heart races as I face my body to finish each movement. As I near the end of the exercise, I feel extremely tired, but a smile is of my face. 41It’s a smile because the DVD is over, but a smile of success from pushing my body to its extreme limit.
Some people enjoy shopping, smoking, food, work, or even chocolate. But I need exercise to get through each day. 42Some shake heads when they see me run through the town. Others get hurt when I refuse to try just one bite of their grandmother’s chocolate cake. 42They raise their eyebrows, surprised by my “no thank you,“ or by my choice to have a salad. Over the years, I have learned it’s okay to just say “no.“ I shouldn’t feel sorry for refusing food that I don’t want to eat.
43So what drives me to roll out of bed at 5:00 a.m.? What gives me the reason to just say to ice cream? Commitment. A commitment to change my life with a way that reduces daily anxiety, increases self–confidence and energy, extends life and 44above all improves my body shape. This is the point where a smile appears on my face as I look at myself in the mirror or try on my favorite pair of jeans that now fit just right. It’s through commitment and sweat that I can make a difference within myself inside and out.
41. Why is there a smile on the author’s face in the morning?
A. Because she sees her family sleeping peacefully.
B. Because she finishes her favorite exercise
C. Because she enjoys the interesting DVD
D. Because she feels a sense of achievement
42. Which of the following is true according to Paragraph 2 ？
A. She doesn’t like others r politely
B. She likes to make others surprised
C. Others don’t understand what she does.
D. Others try to help her by offering her food
43. What does the underlined word “commitment“ in the last paragraph mean?
A. Good health
B. Firm belief
C. A strong power
D. A regular half
44. What can we learn about the author from the text?
A. She acts in a strange way
B. She wants to look different from others
C. She aims to develop a good body shape
D. She has difficult getting along with others
41. D 本题考查细节理解。根据第一段最后一句话“It’s a smile because the DVD is over, but a smile of success from pushing my body to its extreme limit.“可知作者脸上的微笑不是因为DVD的结束，而是因为一种成功的微笑，因为自己锻炼挑战了身体的极限。
42. C 本题考查细节理解。从别人看到我跑步穿过城镇摇头；当我拒绝别人给我的可口食物时我拒绝接受，他们感到惊讶可以看出他们不明白，我这样做是为了保持体形，愉悦身心。
43. B 本题考查推理判断。我能够每天早上很早起床锻炼，抵御住美味的诱惑，需要坚定的信念和意志力。
44. C 本题考查细节理解。根据最后一段中的“…above all improves my body shape.“可知作者加强锻炼，克制饮食的主要目的是为了保持一个好的体型。
Exploit your parking space
An unused parking space or garage can make money. If you live near a city center or an airport, you could make anything up to £200 or £300 a week. Put an advertisement（广告）for free on Letpark or Atmyhousepark.
Spare room? Not only will a lodger（房客）earn you an income, but also, thanks to the government-backed “rent a room“ program, 45you won’t have to pay any tax on the first £4500 you make per year. Try advertising your room on Roomspare or Roommateeasy.
Make money during special events
Don’t want a full-time lodger? Then rent on a short-term basis. If you live in the capital, renting a room out during the Olympics or other big events could bring in money. 46Grashpadder can advertise your space.
Live on set
Renting your home out as a “film set“ could earn you hundreds of pounds a day, depending on the film production company and how long your home is needed. A quick search on the Internet will bring up dozens of online companies that allow you to register your home for free—but you will be charged if your home gets picked.
Use your roof
You need the right kind of roof, but some energy companies pay the cost of fixing solar equipment (around £14,000), and let you use the energy produced for nothing. In return, they get paid for unused energy fed back into the National Grid. 47However, you have to sign a 25-year agreement with the supplier, which could prevent you from changing the roof.
45. If you earn £5000 from renting a room in one year, the tax you need to pay will be based on ______.
A. £800 B. £500
C. £4500 D. £5000
46. Where can you put an advertisement to rent out a room during a big event?
A. On Letpark.
B. On Roomspare.
C. On Grashpadder.
D. On Roommateeasy.
47. If you want to use energy free, you have to_____.
A. sign an agreement with the government
B. pay around £14,000 for the equipment
C. sell the roof to some energy companies
D. keep the roof unchanged for within 25 years
48. For whom the text most probably written?
C. House owners.
D. Online companies
45. B 本题考查逻辑推理。根据文章第二部分中的“You won’t have to pay any tax on the first £4500 you make per year“可知出租房子所得金额4500英镑以下是不用交税的，所以5000英镑应交税金额为5000-4500=500英镑。
46. C 本题考查细节理解。根据文章第三部分最后一句话“Grashpadder can advertise your space“可知在有重大活动期间如果你想出租房子可以到Grashpadder刊登广告。
47. D 本题考查细节理解。根据文章最后一部分最后一句话“However, you have to sign a 25-year agreement with the supplier, which could prevent you from changing the roof.“可知你要想免费的使用能源需要和提供设备的能源公司签订协议保证25年内不改变自己的屋顶。
48. C 本题考查推理判断。本文主要是教给有空闲房子的人如何利用自己的空闲房子赚钱的一些技巧，由此可以判断文章主要针对房屋主人而写。
The pound new Library of Birmingham（LoB）will be the most visible sign of the way the city is accepting the digitalization（数字化）of everyday life.
Set to open in 2013, the £188m LoB is already beginning to take shape next to the Birmingham Repertory Theatre, with which it will share some equipment.
As digital media（媒介）is important to its idea，49the project is already providing chances for some of the many small new local companies working at the new technologies.
Brian Gambles, the LoB project director, says 51.a it is about giving people the right tools for learning：“The aim is to mix the physical with the digital. 51.b Providing 24-hour services which can be used through many different ways. It is important to enable us to reach more people, more effectively.“
The digital library will, he says, be as important as the physical one, allowing the distant use of the services, making sure that it is never closed to the public.
Even before the LoB is complete, the public has been able to go online to visit the Virtual（虚拟的）LoB, designed by Baden, the Birmingham virtual worlds specialists. 50Not only have the public been able to learn about LoB, but the virtual one has also enabled those working on the LoB to understand the building and how it will work before it even opens.
Two other small Birmingham-based digital companies are working on the LoB projects. Substrat, a digital design company, is developing what it calls an “enlarged reality“ project. It is about the use of an exciting smart phone, an important part of LoB the which is the early stages of development. And The People’s Archive is an online library of figures of the city being built content company in Cahoots,51.d in which users will be encouraged to add to and comment on the material. Gambles says: “Technology will enable us to make the library’s and services open to citizens as sever before.“
49.The underline part “its idea“ in Paragraph 3 refers to the idea of____
A. the equipment B. the project C. the digital media D. the physical library
50.While visiting the Virtual LoB, the public can_____
A. get a general idea of the LoB B. meet more world-famous experts
C. learn how to put up a library building D. understand how the specialists work on the project
51. Which of the following is true of the LoB when it opens?
a. It offers better learning tools
b. It reaches users in different ways
c. It provides users with smart phone
d. It allows users to enrich its material
e. It gives non-stop physical and digital services
A. a, b, d B. a, c, e
C. b, c, d D. b, d, e
52. This text more probably from .
A. a computer book
B. a library guide
C. a project handbook
D. newspaper report
49. B 考查推理判断。根据第二部分中的“…the project is already providing chances for some of the many small new local companies working at the new technologies.“可知its即是the project。
50. A 考查细节理解。根据倒数第三段“Not only have the public been able to learn about LoB, …“可知当参观数字化图书馆时公众可以了解LoB。
51. A 考查细节理解。根据第四段中“…it is about giving people the right tools for learning…“：“…Providing 24-hour services which can be used through many different ways.“可知a 和b正确；根据倒数第二段中的“…users will be encouraged to add to and comment on the material.“可知d正确。故选A项。
52. D 考查推理判断。该文章主要介绍了一座在建的数字化图书馆，属于新闻报道类的文章，应是节选自报纸。a computer book电脑书籍；a library guide图书馆指导；a project handbook工程手册。
“Experience may possibly be the best teacher, but it is not a particularly good teacher.“ You might think that Winston Churchill or perhaps Mark Twain spoke those words, but they actually come from James March, a predecessor at Stanford University and a pioneer in the field of organization decision making. 53For years March (possibly be wisest philosopher of management) has studied how humans think and act, and he continues to do so in his new book The Ambiguities of Experience.
He begins by reminding us of just how firmly we have been sticking to the idea of experiential learning: “Experience is respected；experience is sought；experience is explained.“ The problem is that learning from experience involves （涉及）serious complications（复杂化），ones that are part of the nature of experience itself and which March discusses in the body of this book.
In one interesting part of book，for example，he turns a double eye toward the use of stories as the most effective way of experiential learning. 55In our efforts to make stories interesting, he argues, we lose part of the complicated truth of things. He says “The more accurately （精确的）reality is presented，the less understandable the story，and the more understandable the story, the less realistic it is.“
Besides being a broadly knowledgeable researcher，March is also a poet, and his gift shines though in the depth of views he offers and the simple language he uses. Though the book is short, it is demanding：54Don’t pick it up looking for quick, easy lessons. Rather, be ready to think deeply about learning from experience in work and life.
53. According to the text, James March is .
A. a poet who uses experience in his writing
B. a teacher who teachers story writing in university
C. a researcher who studies the way humans think and act
D. a professor who helps organizations make important decisions
54. According to James March, experience .
A. is overvalued
B. is easy to explain
C. should be actively sought
D. should be highly respected
55. What can we learn from Paragraph 3?
A. Experience makes stories more accurate.
B. Stories made interesting fail to fully present the truth.
C. The use of stories is the best way of experiential learning.
D. Stories are easier to understand when reality is more accurately described.
56. What’s the purpose of this text?
A. To introduce a book. B. To describe a researcher.
C. To explain experiential learning. D. To discuss organizational decision making.
53. C 考查细节理解。根据第一段中“For years March…has studied how humans think and act…“可知James March是一位一直在从事人类思想和行动方法研究的科学家。
54. A 考查推理判断。根据文章最后一句话“Don’t pick it up looking for quick, easy lessons. Rather, be ready to think deeply about learning from experience in work and life.“结合全文不难看出以往人们对经验估价的过高。
55. B考查细节理解。根据倒数第二段中“In our efforts to make stories interesting, he argues, we lose part of the complicated truth of things.“可知我们在努力增加故事的趣味性的时候，丢掉了它的真实性。
56. A 考查主旨大意。整篇文章主要介绍了James March的一本叫做《前车可鉴？》的书。
In business, there is a speed difference: It’s the difference between how important a firm’s leaders say speed is to their competitive (竞争的) strategy（策略）and how fast the company actually moves. 59The difference is important regardless of industry and company size. 57Companies fearful of losing their competitive advantage spend much time and money looking for ways to pick up the speed.
In our study of 343 businesses, 57the companies that chose to go, go, go to try to gain an edge ended with lower sales and operating incomes than those that paused at key moments to make sure they were on the right track. What’s more, the firms that “slowed down to speed up “improved their top and bottom lines, averaging 40% higher sales and 52% higher operating income over a three-year period.
58How did they disobey the laws of business physics, taking more time than competitors yet performing better? They thought differently about what “slower“ and “faster“ mean. Firms sometimes fail to understand the difference between operation speed (moving quickly) and strategic speed (reducing the time it takes to deliver value). Simply increasing the speed of production, for example, may be one way to try to reduce the speed difference. But that often leads to reduced value over time, in the form of lower-quality products and services.
In our study, 59higher performing companies with strategic speed always made changes when necessary. They became and discussion. They encouraged new ways of thinking. And they allowed time to look and learn. By contrast (相比而言)，performance suffered at firms that moved fast all the time， paid too much attention to improving efficiency, stuck to tested methods, didn’t develop team spirit among their employees, and had little time thinking about changes.
Strategic speed serves as a kind of leadership. Teams that regularly take time to get things right, rather than plough ahead full bore, are more successful in meeting their business goals. That kind of strategy must come from the top.
57. What does the underlined part “gain an edge“ in Paragraph 2 mean?
A. Increase the speed.
B. Get an advantage.
C. Reach the limit.
D. Set a goal.
58. The underlined part “the laws of business physics“in Paragraph 3 means ______.
A. spending more time and performing worse.
B. spending more time and performing better
C. spending less time and performing worse
D. spending less time and performing better
59. What can we learn from the text?
A. How fast a firm moves depends on how big it is.
B. How competitive a firm is depends on what it produces.
C. Firms guided by strategic speed take time to make necessary changes.
D. Firms guided by operational speed take time to develop necessary team spirit.
60. Where could be the last title for the text?
A. Improve quality? Serve better.
B. Deliver value? Plough ahead.
C. Reduce time? Move faster.
D. Need speed? Slow down.
57. B 考查推理判断。根据第一段中“Companies fearful or losing their competitive advantage spend much time and money looking for ways to pick up the speed.“和第二段中的“the companies that chose to go, go, go to try to gain an edge ended with lower sales and operating incomes ...“ 可知那些害怕丢掉竞争优势的公司会一味的追求速度。
58. D 考查推理判断。根据第三段中第一句话可知那些“不遵循“（disobey）商业法则的公司比竞争者花的时间多（速度慢）却表现得更好，反过来商业法则应该是“花更少的时间（速度快），做得更好“。
59. C 考查细节理解。根据倒数第二段中的“higher performing companies with strategic speed always made changes when necessary“可知受战略速度指导的公司会实时的对公司的战略做出调整。根据第一段中的“The difference is important regardless of industry and company size.“可知公司行动的快慢，竞争力的大小与公司的大小和生产的东西无关，排除A、B项。
60. D 考查主旨大意。本文主要阐述了在商业竞争中并不是速度越快越好，相反那些速度慢的公司会根据情况实时调整战略往往会取的竞争的优势。故D项“我们真的需要速度吗？慢点吧！“符合题意。
—Good evening. Grandma’s Restaurant. May I help you?
—Good evening. 61
—Thank you. May I have your name, Miss?
—I’d like to order the “Free Matching Dinner for 2“.
—Yes, you may choose two soups, two drinks and four main courses from the menu.
—Are you ready? What Kind of soup do you want?
—Chicken soup and tomato soup.
—I’d like a plate of noodles ,two chicken wings，some beef and a bowl of rice.
—Just a coke and some green tea, please.
—May I have your address, please?
—Sure, 6A Kingston Court, Belair Cardens, Shatin.
—Okay, your food will be delivered in half an hour. Thanks for calling.
A. May I book a table in your restaurant for tonight?
B. I would like to order some food for dinner.
C. Miss Brown, please tell me your order.
D. How about your main courses?
E. Would you like some drinks?
F. Okay. Let me see.
G. And your drinks?
61. B 根据第一句话提供的语境可知这是顾客打电话到餐馆订餐或订桌，及应从A、B项中选一个；再由下文“your food will be delivered in half an hour“可知餐馆会将食物送货到门所以可排除A。故选B。
62. C 根据下句客人说的是要点的食物可知此处应是餐馆接电话的人问要点什么食物；故选C。
63. F 餐馆给顾客提供了几样食物供顾客选择，所以下句应是顾客思索要点什么食物，故选F。
64. D 上文顾客点了汤了，下文顾客又说了主食，所以此处应该是餐馆接电话的人问要什么主食（main courses），故选D
65. G 下文出现的是喝的饮料，故此应是问要什么喝的东西（drink），故选G
第三部分 写作（共两节 满分50分）
Tom was having much troubles getting up in the
morning and was always late with work. His boss wanted to
fire him if he didn’t start coming on time, but he went to
the doctor for a help. The doctor gave him some
medicine and told him to take them before he went to bed.
The man did is told and slept really well, wake up before
the alarm had even gone off. He had time for a properly
breakfast and was still the first∧reach the factory. “Boss,“ he
said, “that medicine really works!“ I’m pleasing to hear
it, “ said his boss, “but where were you yesterday?“
67. 考查固定短语。 be late for为固定搭配
Nowadays, after-class activities are becoming more and more popular in high schools. In our school, there are various kinds of activities, for example, arts and sports. We enjoy them very much. Playing football and reading stories are my favorites which do me lots of good. Besides building my body and enriching my knowledge, they also free me from the heavy work of study.
Here I have some suggestion. To students, you’d better choose the activities which interest you and suit you; to school, they should organize more activates for students and leave students more time for activates by giving them less home work.
Dear friends, please actively take part in after-class activates, which will not only make your school life colorful, but also improve your learning.
在写作时，注意把握好时态，应该以现在时态和过去时态为中心，以第一人称为主，词数严格控制在80-120之间，文中可穿插使用一些表示逻辑关系的连词、副词、介词短语、句型等，如，if, when, but, for example, I’m afraid, besides…，做到书写工整，卷面整洁。在有把握的情况下，可以使用一些高级词汇和句式，来为自己的书面表达增光添彩。