出国英语口语——吃在校园

作者:admin

来源:

2014-9-26 09:42

出国英语口语——吃在校园

出国英语口语系列:

出国英语口语系列通过日常对话和文化洗礼带你亲临语境,出口成章指日可待!

1.惯用口语句子:
It's time for dinner.
= It's time to eat.
该吃饭了。

How about going to the dining hall?
去食堂吃,怎么样?
Shall we go to the canteen?
我们要去食堂吃吗?
Want to go to the cafeteria?
想去食堂吗?
canteen n. 食堂
cafeteria n. 食堂
dining hall“大餐厅,食堂“

Do you want to eat out?
你想去外面吃吗?
I'm broke, so I can't eat out.
我没钱了,所以不能去外面吃。
eat out“去外面下馆子“
broke是俚语,意思是“破产的,没钱的“。

It's my treat.
我来请客。
Next week it will be your treat.
下周你请客。
treat n. & v. 请客,款待

The beer is good indeed.
这啤酒味道确实不错。
I The beef is tasty.
牛肉的味道不错。
The fried chicken is delicious.
炸鸡的味道很好。
tasty a. 美味的,好吃的

The meat is still pink.
速肉还没熟。
The chicken is undercooked.
这鸡肉没熟。
undercooked a. 煮得欠熟的,煎(烤、炸)得火候不足的

These vegetables are hardly cocked.
这些蔬菜跟没煮过似的。
These vegetables are mushy.
这些蔬菜都煮烂了。
hardly ad.几乎不,几乎没有
mushy a.糊状的,软的

The meat is too fatty.
这肉太肥了。
The meat is too tough.
这肉太老了。
The meat is not fresh.
这肉不新鲜。

How can the cooks in the dining hall make the food so unbearable?
食堂里的师傅们怎么能把饭菜烧到让人不能忍受的地步呢?
cook n. 厨师
unbearable a. 无法忍受的

I can't eat this.
我吃不下去这个。
I can't swallow it.
我咽不下去。
swallow n. 咽,吞

It tastes weird.
尝起来味道怪怪的。
It smells strange.
闻起来怪怪的。.
weird n. 奇怪的,怪异的

Finish what's on your plate.
把饭吃光。
Eat all of your Vegetables.
杷你碗里的蔬菜吃光。
#p#副标题#e#
2.实用对话
Where to Eat去哪儿吃饭

Helen: Where are you off to?
海伦:你要去哪儿啊?
Reymond: I figured I try my fortune in the dining hall. It's time for dinner.
雷蒙德:我想去食堂碰碰运气,该吃饭了。
Helen: What kind of fortune do you want to try?
海伦:你想去碰什么运气啊?
Reymond: I just hope I'm lucky enough today to find some delicious food for a change. The food can be a little...strange sometimes.
雷蒙德:我只是希望我今天运气够好,能在食堂里发现一些好吃的饭菜换换口味。那儿的饭菜有时候味道怪怪的。
Helen: You are dreaming. The chances that you might find edible food in our cafeteria are about as high as finding a diamond ring on the floor or a brick of pure gold on the ground.
海伦:你在做梦吧。如果你能在食堂发现有好吃的饭菜,你就能在这地板上捡到钻戒,在地上找到纯的金砖了。
Reymond: I know, but I can still hope for the best. can't I? And besides, I don't have any cash today so I can't go out.
雷蒙德:我知道,但我最好还是抱点希望,不是吗?再说,今天我身上一分钱现金也没有,不能出去吃。
Helen: I get it; you're broke. So I'II lend you a little cash and we can go out. But next week when you have some money,
it'll be your treat, OK?
海伦:我知道了,你没钱了。那我借给你点钱咱们出去吃吧。不过如果下星期你有钱的时候你请客,怎么样?
Reymond: It's a deal.
雷蒙德:就这么定了吧。
#p#副标题#e#
3.详细解说

1.“Where are you off to?“相当于“Where are you going?“,意思是“你要去哪儿?“。
2.“for a change“在这里可译为“换换口味“,“change“在这里用作名词,可以解释为: something which is pleasant or
interesting because it is unusual or new,即“因为新奇而美好有趣的事物“。例如:How about dinner out for a change?(我们换换口味,出去吃饭怎么样?)It's nice to see her smile for a change.(看到她偶尔能笑一笑,很不错。) We've always had a red car;it's time we had a change! (我们总是开一辆红色的车,也该变一变了!)
3.“besides“在此对话中用作副词,意为“此外,而且“。

4.文化洗礼

美国人的早餐食谱

在国内,我们的早餐比较简单,不外乎是豆浆( soybean milk ).油条( deep-fried dough stick )之类。那么在美国,人们早餐一般吃什么呢?现在大家来了解一下美国人的早餐食谱吧,同时,也可以检验一下你的英语阅读能力。
1.If you order "eggs" in a cafe, the waiter/waitress will ask you how you want them You can reply that you want them
"scrambled (炒) or "boiled" (煮) 。It is not sufficient, however, to ask for them "fried (煎 /炸 ); you will have to
specify whether you would prefer them "sunny-side-up"(煎一面),“over" (煎两面),“over-easy,easy-over"(煎两面,但蛋黄仍然呈流体状)。
2."Sausage" (香肠 ) comes in slices (片 ) and is quite spicy.
3."Bacon"(培根,熏肉)comes in small strips(条),can be rather fat, and is served crispy (臆的 )
4.Hash browns¨ (土豆煎饼)are shredded【切碎的)and fried potatoes. They are wonderful, especially with fried eggs and
ketchup(番茄酱)。
5."Pancakes" (薄煎饼),sometimes called "hot cakes" , are made with baking powder. They are normally served in a pile, and
you are supposed to put butter and syrup (果浆) on them.
6."Jelly"(果子冻) is jam made from boiled fruit and sugar, which is very tasty.
7."Toast"(吐司面包)is often served already buttered(涂上黄油的)。
8."Muffins"(松饼 ) are like small crumpets (烤饼) without the holes and are served toasted. You put jam on them.
9."Orange juice" and "coffee" are often served with breakfast.